Chapter Two Nick: My Parents' wishes

When my parents died, I was not in their plan, but my brother Zack was until he decided to blindly charge at their killers. My parents were smart enough to train both of us so, when I came to the base alone Joe just made me take the test then and there. I passed my admissions test with a perfect score, and left the same day for camp Naylor. When I arrived, they took my suitcase and my duffel bag and gave me a tent, sleeping bag, hunting knife, a tee shirt, jeans, and combat boots. I changed and they walked me to a ledge with a zip line leading into what looked like a huge sinkhole. Someone strapped me to it and pushed my off before I could protest. I flew, wind blowing my face, I felt like I was flying, as the ground grew closer I unlatched myself and fell to the ground. When I stood up I was hit by the stench of burning flesh and greeted by the screams of the dead, tortured, and dying. I was surrounded by a group of guys who were staring at me like I was their next meal. I grabbed my stuff, then pushed past them, walked to the tree line, and set up my tent in the only place I couldn't hear people screaming.

The next morning I woke up to what sounded like a roaring stadium, but combined with gunshots and screams of agony. Then the roar grew louder, the earth started shaking, and I jumped out of my tent to find a hoard of people charging towards me. I grabbed my gun from my waist band, took aim, and started firing. I shot the first two people in the head, the third in the neck, and another five in the chest before I ran out of bullets. I grabbed my knife and stabbed the first guy who came at me in the stomach, and the next in the jugular. Then I heard shots coming from behind me they shot the guy I was fighting and shot the knife out of me hand. I put my hands up and turned around then saw the girl holding me at gun point.

I asked her not to kill and she just laughed then put down her gun. "Hi I'm Nick" I said "I'm not interested" she said walking away, I for some unknown reason I followed her. "Go away" she said "not until we are even" I replied smiling for some reason. She asked for what and I told her that she saved and spared my life and she replied that she was regretting that already. I followed her deeper into the woods to a stream that had a fire and a tent beside it. She sat down on a log next to the fire and offered me a seat. I looked around then asked her how long she had been here and she said that she got here yesterday. For the rest of the day we asked each other questions and we both had to answer. I told her about my parents and my brother, and she agreed that he was stupid for doing that. She eventually told me that her name was Brey and that she had two little sisters also how she killed the people who murdered her parents. I realized that we had spent the entire day talking, and went back to my tent to sleep. When I got there, I stumbled upon people eating the dead bodies that had been sitting there since this morning. I if thought I was hungry wasn't any more I waited until the cannibals dragged the bodies away before I moved my tent then went to sleep.

I woke up the next to a single scream. I jumped out of the tent to watch two of the weirdos from the day I arrived running for their lives from where Brey's tent was. I headed in her direction worried about finding her dead, and became less worried as I passed two guys limping away. Then became worried for my own safety when I saw one of them crawling away missing both of his legs. When I walked up to her she was cleaning off the knife, and I asked her if she was okay then she looked at me like I had forgotten who she was and answered "Of course." Then I saw the last guy from the group missing both arms and his head. "Are you hungry" she asked holding a can of green beans "Sure" I said surprised that there was another option than other humans. We could chill out until noon when we heard something move behind us.

The first time I heard it thought it was a bird, but the second time she and I knew it was bigger. Brey tossed me her gun and grabbed her knife when a man walked out with his hands up he was about six one with ivory skin, black hair, and almost black eyes. "My name is Chase I'm here to train you both" he started "put down your weapons they won't make a difference." I put down the gun and Brey put away her knife "If you'd follow me we have some work to do" he said. We crossed the stream and went deeper into the woods until we came to a ladder at the edge of the sink hole. Brey climbed first then Chase then me when I got to the top he took her knife and threw it over the edge. we got in his car and for the next hour we drove in awkward silence with a lot of failed attempts at conversations. When we arrived at camp Naylor we pulled up to a long school like building with what looked like a race track and a lake behind it and a very large shooting range off to the side. We followed him up two flights of stairs in to a room with a table in the corner, two twin sized beds, two dressers behind them, and a flat screen. "Showers are down the hall to the left I will see you in the morning" he said then left. The first dresser I checked had a drawer full of bras assuming they weren't mine, so I went to the other and got some stuff together for a shower. The showers had nothing special about them like the rest of the place. I washed my hair till it was light brown again and scrubbed my tan skin almost raw. I put on a white shirt and black basketball shorts then went to the room and to sleep.