⋆one.

Louis' POV:

My heart yearned to hop out of my chest as I shut the car door gently behind me. People were hooting and howling, bright bikinis and tanned legs surrounded me.

"This is sick!" Zayn cheered from beside me, throwing an arm over my shoulder. This was the last day of summer, the day before our senior year.

"It's quite... wow." is all I can say, because I'm practically overwhelmed. Niall Horan definitely lives up to the expectations of our classmates- and I can confirm that he already throws the best parties ever.

"I told you that you wouldn't regret it." Zayn grins, his smile large. I look over at him in amusement, trying almost desperately not to be terrified. This is my first party, and I've gone against all of my father's wishes. The outcome is no way near in my favor, but somehow Zayn convinced me to 'live a little.'

"I only hope that it'll stay that way." my blood is pumping, watching people laugh and dance all around me. The bass makes me dizzy, but it seems as if I'm the only one affected.

"Ya wanna go find Li or someone? I know everyone's here." Zayn informs me as he takes a firm grip around my wrist.

"Sure." I shrug, only to be stumble as Zayn weaves through the group of students. I doubt all of these people are seniors, our class is no where near this big.

"They're all at his pool, by the divin' board." Niall's parents are filthy rich, and owns the biggest house in town. There's a large pool in the backyard, along with a hot tub that I personally love going in.

"Okay." I nod, looking around at my surroundings. I'm trying to absorb every little thing, like the way people dance as if it's their last moments. They're truly living life right now, and for some reason I'm envious.

"D'ya wanna a drink, mate?" Zayn turns around to glance at me, his tank top already beginning to dot itself with sweat.

"No drinking." I shake my head, almost as if to remind myself. I must not indulge myself in this too much, and I will most definitely not drink.

"Alright." Zayn shrugs, before grabbing a red cup out of someone's hand. I open my mouth to say something to Zayn, but he's already downing the apparent alcoholic beverage. He throws the cup to the side and continues on, dragging me along as I gape.

The music gets louder as I see girls chase each other around, boys hot on their trails. Balls and water guns are being distributed regularly, along with drinks and food. It's literally chaotic, but it makes my heart drum in a way that is everything sinful.

Over by the diving board I do in fact see our friends; mainly Liam who's climbing up the steps onto the board and Eleanor, who's cheering him on by the side lines. Liam grins and takes a run, jumping once before he flips into the air. Everyone cheers as water goes everywhere as the stench of chlorine and alcohol invades my senses.

Zayn's grip drops from my wrist as he runs to where our group is. I know he's spotted Perrie, and the thought makes a soft smile drift upon my face. They're undeniably cute together, even though Perrie can get on my nerves some of the time. I take my time heading to my friends, letting the party sink into my pores. This is more than likely a once in a lifetime experience, I need to savor it.

"Louis!" Eleanor yells as I approach her, she wears a plum colored bikini that leaves almost too little to the imagination. I know her parents would faint if she saw her in this, but I have no control over my best friend.

"Ellie!" I wave, hurrying toward her. She grins big and wide, but squeals when she's got off guard by a large squirt of water. I look over to see Stan and Niall with water guns in their hands, devilish smirks are prominent on their faces.