Week Five: Child of the Inferno

Author: @lcholland82700

Genre: Fantasy

Summary: Ariette Clare just wishes she could be normal, for one single day of her life. Then maybe she would have friends who didn't talk about her behind her back, and she wouldn't be the butt of nearly every village joke there is. She wouldn't have to worry about how much her brother must hate her for what she puts him through, being the brother and only living family of the "freak child" that she is. She wouldn't have to sneak out at night to see the moonlight sparkling off the stream by her house in the forest. She could be free from everything.

The thing is that though, that she won't ever be "normal". She may act just like a normal teenage girl, but being born with the abilities to manipulate fire and other more sinister things put a bit of a damper on ever being normal to society's standards. She was deemed less than human by the kingdom of Torva. (Not that they know the true extent of her powers.)

Join Arie and her brother Harrison as they fight for the freedom of their people and to prove the "normal" people wrong. But what is "normal" when even those ruling the have a secret? Is "normal" really even a thing?