oo6: Gimble

CHAPTER SIX
-•-
GIMBLE

      "I COULD BE STUDYING," Tsukasa stated off the bat, ducking under a shrub as another set of shuriken were tossed her way

      "I COULD BE STUDYING," Tsukasa stated off the bat, ducking under a shrub as another set of shuriken were tossed her way. Shisui was near her, so close that she could practically feel his chest pressed up against her back.

      She didn't get the chance to see where Itachi had disappeared off to, but she supposed it was just as well since this shrub could barely hide two let alone three.

      "Where's your sense of adventure, Tsu-chan," Shisui whispered with a raising grin that caused her eye to twitch.

      "If we survive this, you won't make it to your next adventure," Tsukasa muttered, finally catching sight of Itachi who rested perched on a high tree branch with his Sharingan activated.

      The two Iwa ninja looked to be befuddled and irritated as they scoured the forest clearing. "Where the fuck did they go?"

      The other ninja let out a growl that echoed in their crow masks. "Come out, kids. If you surrender, we won't hurt you."

      Shisui scoffed, "Does he think we're idiots?"

      "I think you're an idiot," Tsukasa muttered as she noticed with slight apprehension that she left her weapons bag back in her apartment next to the fallen stack of books.

      "Don't be cruel. Those could be your last words to me," Shisui retorted.

      "Good. I meant them," she replied, taking a slight motion forward to look through the opening of trees.

      "If Itachi was here, we could make a plan to take them on," Shisui stated, his voice suddenly lowering into a serious baritone. Tsukasa was slightly surprised that he knew how to be serious at all, considering he was a giant idiot who shoved her out a window only twenty minutes ago.

     "You are so annoying. I wish everyone was dead," she mumbled under her breath, just loud enough for him to hear.

      "Okay, so I'm sensing some left over tension between us," Shisui said and she narrowed her eyes. "Let's put it behind us and work together for now."

      Slowly, she nodded and tightened the bandages over her eye so they wouldn't fall off in an inopportune moment. "You distract, I'll attack."

      "Wait, that's your plan?"

     "You have flashy Ninjutsu, on that level, we play to your strengths. I have brute power—and quite frankly, your Taijutsu is lacking in comparison to mine," Tsukasa explained in a whisper.

      "I suppose. Itachi will probably try out a Genjutsu the moment he has the chance, if he hasn't already," Shisui commented and Tsukasa frowned.

      "How can you possibly know that?"

      "Itachi is what you call a-"

      "I just remembered. I don't care."