Chapter 23

Amara's POV

Like always, at 8 o'clock the sun shinned through waking me up.  I got up remembering my conversation with Nate.

I walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, my hair looked like a bird nest.  I painfully brushed it down to the normal style.  I washed my face and brushed my teeth.  I went out and changed into some ripped skinny jeans and a black V-neck.  I put some dirty white converses on  and went down to the kitchen.

"Hey babe", Kai said and tried to kiss my cheek

I walked away quick and went to the pantry and got out a pop tart.  Impossible to get a pop tart sprinkled with witchy who, I popped it in my mouth and left.  I was so thirsty but I couldn't drink anything. 

"Whats wrong Amara", Kai asked trying to come near me

I walked outside and went to the forest.  I went behind a bush and shifted.  He came out of the house shifting as he ran.  I had no choice.  I ran and ran until I lost him.  It had been 12 hours since I've been in the house.  I was so bored!!  I went back to the house and saw Kai.  I used to feel sparks as I looked at him, but I didn't.

"Amara, what's wrong", Kai asked

"I just want space", I say and pass him

"Take a glass of water at least", he said

"I'm good, but thanks", I said

I headed up to the spare room and locked the door.  Maybe Nate was telling the truth, maybe Kai wasn't my mate.

"Amara, if you don't open this door I'm breaking it down", Kai said worried

I got a notepad out of the desk drawer and wrote

Kai isn't your mate...He gave you a potion...don't drink or touch him

I shoved it under the mattress and ran to the door and opened it

"Im sorry", he said

Before I had time to process and react.  Everything went black.

%%%%%%%

Kai's POV

She knows.  She knows about the potion, about how she's not my true mate.  I have no choice.  I followed her scent to a spare room.

""Amara, if you don't open this door I'm breaking it down", I said worried

As I was getting ready to break it down.  The door clicked and the door opened

"I'm sorry", I said

She looked confused as I stuck the needle in her arm