Chapter Seven

Draco's POV

I knocked on Nico's door once I knew he was back from dinner. "Come in," he called and I opened the door.

He was laying across the width of his bed on his back, staring up at the ceiling.

"How was dinner?" I asked, sitting on the edge of his bed.

He sat up and smiled at me. "It went pretty well. Father had decided that I'll be his informant at Hogwarts."

I frowned. "Did he mention me?" I asked, looking away.

"I asked why you couldn't do it and he said that you and the other Death Eater's children are, and I quote, 'not yet worthy to do my bidding'. So, give it a little time and I'm sure he'll have you do something for him." Nico gave me a reassuring smile and I gave him a half hearted one back.

"Oh," I said, remembering what I had read in the paper while he was at dinner, "You'll never guess what's happened." He raised an eyebrow at me. "Harry Potter has all but gotten himself expelled from Hogwarts."

"How did that happen?" Nico asked, sounding amused.

"Well, apparently he cast a spell, while underage mind you, in the presence of a muggle." I smiled at the thought of Potty getting into trouble and me not having to deal with him again. "He has a court date set for the 12th of August where they'll probably destroy his wand."

Nico smiled. "Him not having magic would probably make it easier for Father to dispose of him, wouldn't it?"

I paused at that thought. I might hate Potter, but did I really want to see him dead? When Nico looked at me, expecting an answer, I forced a crude smile onto my face. "It would." A few moments of silence past. "Did your father tell you that we have the giants on our side?" I asked and Nico nodded.

"Yeah, and that the, what, groundskeeper, at Hogwarts whose part giant is trying to get them on the opposing side."

I rolled my eyes at the thought of that great buffoon. "Hagrid, I believe his name is, is just an idiot. He won't accomplish anything."

Nico chuckled, "I bet not."

We both sat in silence for a few minutes before Nico spoke again. "So, what's Hogwarts like? I heard about it from the older students who visited last year for the Triwizard Tournament, but not much.

"It's..." I started, trying to think of how to describe it. I'd like to say thing like 'it's retched,' or 'it's a terrible place,' but I couldn't bring myself to insult the magical school that has taught me so much. "...Not bad."

The boy by me nodded it head, "Very descriptive."

"Shut up," I said, shoving him lightly.

He let out a laugh and playfully shoved me back.