Chapter 24

I wake up and the suns is blaring through the windows and I have to squint because the sun hurts my eyes. I look over at joe who is still asleep and just smile at his cute hair. I hear a knock at the door and whisper just about loud enough "come in" Zoe comes in and is about to talk when I put my finger to my lip and gesture to joe who is still fast asleep. I get up slowly and walk as quietly out of the room and then shut the door behind me. " hey um mind me asking something?" I smile "yeah sure go ahead" she looks down at the floor "did you and joe have sex last night" I turn bright red "umm yeah we did I'm so sorry" she laughs lightly with a bit of awkwardness "it's ok don't worry I just saw the condom in the bin downstairs" I smile and just say "can you not say anything please?" She smiles "yeah of course I won't anyway what do you want for breakfast?" I open the door and see joe opening his eyes and yawning "heya baby what do you want for breakfast?" He stretches " umm can I have eggs bacon and sausage please?" I smile and nod and I say "can we have eggs bacon and sausage please" she smiles "yeah of course I'll go and get cooking it will be ready in about 15 minutes. She hurries off and then I go back to joe who is now sat up in bed scrolling through twitter. I sit next to him but then start to feel sick. I run to the toilet and start tonne sick and I hear joe run and and he holds my hair back. I finally stop and he looks at me worried "are you ok?!" I wipe my mouth "um I'm not sure I think so it could just be an upset stomach I feel better now" I smile weakly. He gets hold of my hands and helps me up and gets me a glass of water I take light sips then brush my teeth before we get called down for breakfast. I'm not exactly hungry now because I have just thrown up but I eat an egg and a piece of bacon before just picking the rest of my food over. Joe looks at me with a bit of worry in his face but I squeeze his hand to signal that I am fine even though I really don't feel it. He just smile and carried on eating and then when he is finished we go back up stairs. Joe and I plan the day and we get dressed and changed and then go out to the park. When we get there we just walk around with Zoe and Alfie and they have prepared a picnic for us. Zoe lays the blanket on the floor and then puts her lovely look spread out. When she puts the egg sandwiches out I start to feel sick I don't know why but I just try to overpower the smell with some fruit. I have to keep trying not to gag, one because joe will worry, two because Zoe hates vomit and three no one really wants someone to be sick in front of them after a couple of hours we go back to Zoe's house again. I start to feel sick again and I run to the toilet and joe follows quickly behind knowing exactly what I am going to do. I throw everything I had just ate up and joe held my hair and rubbed my back whilst telling me everything was going to be ok. When I was done I felt tired and I laid in the bed trying not to think about being sick again. Joe comes overs and rubs my hand he smiles "hey I'll be back in a second I'll be quick I promise" I smile and he goes. Like he said he was quick I see a brown bag in his hand and he places it on the bed next to me. "Look in the bag". I open it up and inside is 4 pregnancy tests. I laugh "joe I'm not pregnant we have been safe each time how could I be pregnant?" He sits next to me and takes my hand. "Look take these all of them so we know for sure if they all say pregnant then we know that it's not just a scare" I nod. Why should I be nervous it's not like I am or anything. I go to the bathroom and pee on all 4 and then come back out he smiles at me and just kisses my hand and I just smile weakly because I am so scared. We go back and look at all the tests. I I I am pregnant. I start to cry but I'm not sure weather it's happy tears or sad or a mixture. He holds me as I collapsed in his arms he picks me up and lays me on the bed. "Hey look it's fine don't worry it will be fine we can do this" I then realise that the tears were mostly happy. I smile at him "are you sure you are ready to be a parent?" He nods "yes I am but I have no choice now anyway just don't worry we have each other and we can do this" he sits next to me on the bed and I check the time. It's 23:45 suddenly I feel tired and all I want to do is sleep. Joe tucks me under the bed sheet and kisses my belly "night night little one" I giggle "joe really?" He smiles and just hugs me and it takes me a while to fall asleep but I finally do and to be honest I am actually kind of happy that I am pregnant because I have wanted a kid but do I want it this early?