My Best Friend is My Mate?

Pain.

That was what I could think about. My whole body was in pain. It was an hour after school. I had gone to my favorite pond when the pain started. For about 5 minutes when it stopped.  I felt like hell and somehow different.  So I went to look at myself in the pond. I saw a white wolf where I should be.

‘Am I dreaming or hallucinating’ I thought

‘No you’re not, I’m insulted!’

‘Who said that?’ I thought out loud.

‘Me silly! Your wolf. Frost!’ She said happily.

‘What do you mean wolf?’ I asked Frost.

‘You’re a werewolf so now you can change into our beautiful rare white wolf.’ Frost replied to my question.

I then thought about how Zander will be here in a little. So I thought about being human. Luckily I brought my gym with me to wash. Then that’s when the scent hit me. Not of my gym clothes but of a woodsy scent. Then I said “Mate.” After I said mate Zander was there and also said “Mine.” With that we snapped out of it then I said “Wait what are you Zander?” “W-what do y-you mean?” He stuttered which he never does. “You know what I mean ‘cuz you said mine.” “Well you said mate so you’re a werewolf too?” “Naw I’m a weredog! Of course I’m a werewolf are you? ” I replied sarcastically. “Yes I am so what color is your wolf then.” Zander asked.

 ‘Don’t tell him your color say something like brown.’ Frost told me. “Brown my wolf is brown. What about you?” “Well let’s see I’m a sandy color.” He said walking towards me. “Okay what now?” “What do you mean?” Zander asked confused. “Well I just figured I’m a werewolf like 10 minutes ago.” I said taking out my IPhone 5 to look at the time. “Who knew that Sabrina Darkbloom, My best friend, would be my mate? The moon goddess chose well for me. ” Zander said. “Well thanks to you too. But what do I do apparently my parents were werewolves just like me.” I said sadly that no one else in my family told me about them. “Come here you need a hug?” Zander asked me. “Yes I do.”I said while crying. When I touched him I felt sparks. Because of that I jumped and said “What just happened with the sparks?” “Okay you really don’t know anything do you?”

“No” I said while shaking my head. “Let’s go to the pack house then.” “Okay.” While going to the pack house. “Tell me everything now.” I said. “Okay well how did you not know about werewolves? Well, probably ‘cuz no one told you what they knew. Mates are well soul mates sorta. ” “Yeah well everything is new because I just found out and everything.” I said matter-of-factly.

“Yeah well here we are.” Zander said as we pulled up the driveway to a beautiful 3 story house with a lot of glass but not where the bedrooms are of course. “Shall we go inside?” Zander said while go over to my door to open it. “Uh huh” was all I said as I went into the pack house. Next thing I know my sister Vivian comes out and says “Sabrina wh-what are you doing here?”  Then my anger flooded out towards her and I said “What the hell why didn’t you tell me about the werewolves and stuff I just learned everything like an hour ago thanks to him.” After I finished saying that I pointed to Zander. “Why is he staring at you like Th…OMG a-are you t-t-two m-mates? T-that means you’re the Luna!” She asked causing me to blush hard. “We Kinda are I guess.” I said confused. Then I said to Vivian “Can we talk alone?” “Sure.” Vivian said as she guided me to her room.

It was huge. There was a big bed in the center of the room where we sat down. I got a pencil and paper and wrote what color wolves run in our family? I gave it to her and she replied Brown or sandy why? Let me show you and don’t tell anyone because Frost said so. I trust you with my secret, Okay?  

  She shook her hear yes then I thought wolf. When I shifted Vivian gasped then I turned back and put clothes on and wrote. Why am I white then? She wrote back I don’t know but you are a rare color so don’t tell anyone. But you should tell Zander he is your mate after all. Then I said “Okay I tell him bye and I’m sorry about what happened earlier.”“Its okay bye!” ThenI went to find Zander following his scent.

“Zander can we talk?” I said to him. “Yeah about what.” He replied. “Not here at our pond in wolf form?” “Yeah meet you there.”  After that I went into the woods and changed behind a tree grabbed my clothes with my mouth and ran to the pond.

This is going to one hell of a day.