Wisconsin

Third Person POV

After a very long flight, and many breaks to restore his energy, Danny arrived at his destination the next day. He floated to the ground, staring up at the massive structure. Danny was surprised that Vlad had even rebuilt it after Danny had destroyed it with his false report to the GIW. Despite it being a completely different structure, it still held all the horrible memories Danny wished to forget. He chuckled, at least it wasn't Vlad's cabin. But that thought didn't make Danny feel any better about what he was about to do.

He was about to enter Vlad's castle mansion in Wisconsin.

Earlier, the place had been filled with reporters and journalists alike, all searching the property for any secrets about the life of the mysterious Vlad Masters who had revealed himself as a half ghost by the name of Vlad Plasmius (which he claimed was his 'slightly more evil name'). But, as all people do, they had eventually gotten bored and left, most of them empty handed. Danny knew they wouldn't find anything, the elder halfa was good at hiding things. The GIW was working to get clearance to tear down the castle and search it for anything ecto-related, but the State of Wisconsin was very protective of the castle and the Mayor of Wisconsin was fighting to prevent it from being destroyed... again. Everyone else had a chance to dig around Vlad's estate, now it was Danny's turn.

He floated up and flew directly at the castle, phasing inside. Danny made his way around the castle until he found the elder halfa's study. It was large and held many bookcases filled with a large variety of books, ranging from the man's old college days to ghostly artifacts. There was a fireplace at the back of the room that Danny knew led to his secret lab, and there was a large oak desk at the side of the room. He decided that the desk would be a good place to start and began searching the man's desk for any sort of formal documents that could hold any information on Danny or his past.

To the young halfa's dismay, he found nothing except business letters, income stats, payrolls, and bills. He checked the drawers only to find the same items, with the occasional pen or sticky note. Danny looked over every inch of the desk, searching for a secret drawer, a hidden button, anything! He resorted to pulling the papers out of the drawers. Luck shined upon him as when he pulled the papers out of a small drawer near the bottom of the desk, he saw a small box.

 Reaching in the drawer Danny pulled out the box and opened it, revealing a small silver key. The teen wondered what could be so important about a key that Vlad felt the need to hide it among his paperwork. Nevertheless, Danny felt like it would come in handy later so he took it and placed it in his boot.

Danny turned intangible and phased down into Vlad's subterranean lab. The place was huge, even bigger than the last time Danny had seen it. The lab held multiple computers, tools, and of course the large portal at the back of the room. It was currently deactivated, but Danny felt uneasy being near it, half expecting Vlad to fly out of the portal. Papers and half done experiments littered the tables and floor of the lab. 

Danny was confused, it wasn't like Vlad to be so disorganized. It was unsettling. But the most confusing and unsettling thing about the lab, was that it looked like a battle had gone on in there. Scorch marks on the walls, tables and cabinets flipped, and most of the computer systems had been destroyed. Sighing, Danny set to work on searching the large lab though he couldn't help but feel like he was being watched.

After sifting through the random papers everywhere and searching all the file cabinets and drawers for about 20 minutes, Danny decided to move onto the computers. He booted up the nearest computer that was still in one piece. "Password please, honeylamb," a holographic version of Maddie said in a sickly sweet voice. The teen halfa shuddered at the thought of Vlad's 'Maddie holograms'. The man was seriously a creep.