Prolouge

Giovanni leaned menacingly over one of the five captive humans. Stefano could see the frightened look in the man's eyes, as he struggled to no avail. "Shall we play a little game?" Giovanni rasped with a menacing smile. While pulling out an ornate knife; his signature weapon. The man shook his head frantically, his moans muffled by the gag. The other four started wailing in panic. Giovanni held the blade to his throat and smiled once more. "Are you sure?" he coaxed, as a drop of crimson red blood graced the blade. Visible sweat formed on the man's brow, his wailing had petered out; he was now frozen in fear. Stefano had watched Giovanni torture humans before but this struck his conscience. He sighed quietly, watching them from a short distance, unable to speak up, fearful for his life. He wanted to look away, but his eyes were drawn to the centre of the room. Eventually the man whined in agreement. Giovanni chuckled, patting the man's face. "I knew you'd come around." he removed the knife from his neck and placed it on the floor in the centre of the circled group. Stefano watched as their terrified eyes locked onto the knife; fearful of their captors motives. "My game is simple." Giovanni told them, turning slowly in the centre of the room, looking upon all five of his captives faces. "I'll spin the knife," he paused, teleporting behind one of the other captives. He placed his hands on their shoulders, revelling in their fear. "And whoever it lands on, gets the sweet, release of death, first." He explained. Giovanni waved his hand, his eyes glowing purple, as he used his magic to spin the knife on the ground. They all watched intently as the blade began to spin. It seemed to go on forever. With each completed circuit the tension in the room rose; even Stefano had started to sweat. Finally after what had seemed like an eternity, the blade began to slow. Until...
It finally... Stopped...
The whole room followed the knife, looking up to Stefano. He stayed silent staring at the blood stained knife; frozen in fear. It was pointing, to... him?! He started to laugh, why was he so scared? He wasn't even one of the captives. But his laughter petered out, once he saw the look on Giovanni's face. Stefano gulped, holding his hands up slowly. "Now, come on boss, you wouldn't kill your own figlio right?" he stuttered taking a step back. "...boss..." Stefano slowly backed himself up against the cold wall. Giovanni stepped forward into the light, a click shattered the murderous silence; as he cocked his gun. A menacing smile grew on the monsters face as he took another few steps. Stefano had nowhere to go. All he could do was stare into the dark soulless eyes of his boss. There was no point in teleporting away he could already feel the monsters grip on him. He was like a terrified mouse caught in Giovanni's trap. A low menacing cackle came from Giovanni, as he inched closer. He finally stopped in the centre of the room. He held up the gun, aiming it at Stefano. Without hesitation Giovanni pulled the trigger. Time seemed to slow as the silver bullet cruised through the air, toward Stefano.
He closed his eyes not bearing to look. It wasn't long before it had penetrated his skull; right between the eyes. Stefano fell to the ground instantly. For a brief moment as his life faded away, he felt more pain then he had ever experienced in his life. And suddenly he was gone from the world. His lifeless body laid there on the ground, in a growing pool of his own blood.