Chapter Three l "The Way You Sing..."

"Sex," was all I muttered. "I had sex." It finally hit me that I'd lost my virginty when I glanced around the room. The dumbest person in the world would've put the pieces together that someone was having a 'good time' if they had looked around the huge room. There was a golden condom wrapper on the floor  – where it had come from, I had no idea  – clothes coating the floor of the room by the bed, and what gave it all away? The naked girl next to me. Now, don't get me wrong, I was thankful that hadn't lost my virginty to some freakishly ugly girl, but the way I pictured to lose my virginty... wasn't this way. See, in my eyes, your virginty is special. It's pure, it's rare nowadays even for the youngest of people, and you should lose it with a person you love. I for sure didn't love the girl laying next to me. Hell, I didn't even remember her name. I pictured losing my virginty with a girl I had fallen madly in love with, that I would take a bullet for, in a bed with the candles lit. Rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed. The room dimly lit, the atmosphere filled with love and passion.

Not at some party where the girl and I were drunk out of our minds and found just any room to bang in.

"Oh God," I muttered, running a hand through my hair. "No... it wasn't supposed to be like this. It wasn't how I planned." Why I started talking to myself like a mad person? No idea. Maybe it was because I just realized I made the biggest mistake of my life. Well, I suppose I was a bit too loud with my thoughts because my freak-out moment was interrupted by a groggy morning voice.

"Babe... why are you talking to yourself?" The brunette inquires, sitting up and hugging the sheets close to her chest.

"Uhm," my cheeks turn into a bright red. "No reason. Just... uh... well, nevermind. I'll go now." Scrabbling up and quickly finding my boxers, I slip them on and start searching for my shirt.

"Why the rush?" She states, scratching her head and rubbing her eyes. "You have nowhere to be anyway."

"Actually, I do. I have soccer practice, and my mom is probably worried out of her mind, hell she probably even sent out a search warrant already  – wait, what time is it?" I pause from my rambling and stare at the now yawning girl.

She gets her iPhone from the drawer beside her and looks at the screen. "Twelve o'clock."

"Twelve?" I manage to squeak out. I'm so screwed. My soccer practice starts at eleven o'clock and my mother is probably already planning my funeral. Greatest morning ever (sense my sarcasm? Yeah, that's because it is sarcasm.) I let out a curse and finish getting dressed. Once I have my shoes on and is about to leave, I turn around and glance at the still naked girl. "Uh, bye..."

"Bye," she smirks. "It was an honor to be your first, River."

"How did you..."

"Don't worry about it," she giggles. "Just go to your soccer practice."

"Okay," I chuckle and scurry out the room. Ignoring the drunken passed out teenagers, I jog out the house and to the train station.

          ♛                                              ♛                                       ♛                          ♛

As soon as I race to the field in my soccer uniform, I already feel my coach's eyes burning through my face. However, I manage a quick smile and continue running. "Jones!" When I hear his strong, deep voice sternly shout my name, my insides turn. Oh, fuck. Slowly but surely, I stroll over to the frowning gray-haired man. His arms are crossed, his eyes glaring at me like I shot his dog or something. "Why the hell are you late this afternoon? You're never late to my practice, Jones."