Into the Unknown

It was a normal expedition for Nyior, traveling to the small system that he had been assigned to, as he had traveled to many, many other systems. He arrived a few Earth days after he left the capital of The Dark, his mission clear. He had been personally assigned to a special colony hidden in the middle of the unknown region from the Progenitor Coalition, shortly after the Progenitors began invading The Dark's original territory. Nyior had no idea what had happened to Gunais and The Dark, but he knew that he should hurry to the hidden colony. 

Nyior had almost reached the colony by the time the colony began attempting to communicate with Nyior's ship. The communications panel on Nyior's ship began to rapidly beep, signaling that he was in range of communication with the colony. Nyior quickly responded by touching the communications button on the system dashboard.

"State your purpose of entry," asked one of the military ships guarding the large colony. 

"I am Nyior, an agent of Gunais, assigned by Gunais to investigate established colonies and prepare surrounding systems for further colonization," responded Nyior, sending the military barricade of ships the paperwork of the assignment. 

The colony was convinced that Nyior was an assigned agent of Gunais and did not mean any harm. Nyior noted that this colony would be fine on its own if a small force stumbled upon them, as no force could know the exact location of their colony. Being the last established colony in the unknown region, Nyior began the second stage of the assignment, searching for any other systems suitable for further colonization of the unknown region. He was able to find a few, quickly jumping from system to system using his FTL (Faster Than Light) reactor modules.

Nyior came upon an interesting system, now in the middle of the unknown region. It was normal for him to land upon the planets within the system to make sure that they were suitable for colonization, having at least a thin atmosphere to help protect colonies from asteroids and other celestial bodies or storms. The first planet that Nyior landed on was normal, having no life and no atmosphere, and no evidence as to if or when an atmosphere would form, so he decided that the planet was not suitable. 

Nyior then landed on the orbiting moon, only to be surprised by many different things. Nyior noted that there was a thin atmosphere, and evidence of life on the moon. Their was soil with even a bit of fertility, which made Nyior confused at the sight of the barren moon. Another thing was that, in many different places, there seemed to be a few random holes in the ground, seeming to lead to nowhere. He wasn't able to tell how deep the holes were, but judging by the size of the holes, only being about the width of two humans put together side-by-side, he came to the conclusion that they couldn't be more than fifteen feet deep. Nyior continued to investigate the moon, fascinated by the possibility of a new classification of celestial bodies. 

Nyior finally came to the conclusion that he should not allow this moon to be colonized. He decided that it would be better if he left system alone so that no one could destroy or alter the moon. Nyior did however build something on the barren planet which would hide the system from everyone using any technology to find it. Nyior did though have the exact coordinates already marked so he would be able to get back to the system. After he finished his construction, and made sure it worked by searching for it on his radar, but was unable to find the system, he continued on to the next system.

Nyior began to notice many more moons like the first interesting one. He decided not to land on them, but to continue going deeper into the unknown region. Soon, he was seeing planets that seemed to have the exact geology as the moons. Nyior knew that he couldn't hide all of them, so he decided that he just won't mark them as suitable systems for colonization. Nyior began to fly back to report his findings to the colony. He wanted to continue to observe the new celestial bodies so he hurried to the colony and hurried back to the first moon.