Chapter 5

-Just a short chapter to let you guys know that I haven’t forgotten you guys! It has been crazy around here and I just haven’t had any time. Well that’s going to change! I am going to set aside time from now on just to write. Along with this story I will be publishing a new one coming out soon! I have two or three ideas that I have been bouncing around, so here is the deal if you send me a message I will message you back with my story ideas and you can give your feedback on which you would like to see come to life! I would love to hear your guy’s feedback and ideas that you have for the stories. So please vote, comment, follow and message me! Thanks!-

I have never seen someone get so into a game, Blake must have only been in his seat for a total of maybe five minutes. Most of the time he was on his feet pounding on the glass yelling at the referee’s and players.

                Walking out to the truck Blake recapped the game pointing out highlights and what he would have done if he was in the game, the excitement rolled off of him I swear if he smiled any wide the corners of his mouth could touch his ears. He walked me to my door and opened it like a gentleman, and then walked to his side of the truck and hopped in next to me and slowly started to navigate the way out of the arena parking. The clock on the dash glowed eleven, making me wonder where we were going this time of night. Blackrock was pretty big so at any given time there where hundreds of things to do from clubbing to Midnight Mini Golf.

                Don’t get me wrong Blake so far seemed like a nice guy but I couldn’t take and more of him talking about hockey. Ice this, puck that, I just didn’t have an interest in it. Tuning him I found amusement in playing with my laces on my hoodie, all I had to do was nod and say “Yeah” and “Oh really?” every few sentences to keep the conversation going.

                “Am I boring you?” I looked up from the laces he was staring at me scanning my face for a reaction. It was then I realized that the truck had stopped and we were in a parking ramp.

                “Oh” I gave him an apologetic smile. “Sorry I was just thinking.” Shit. Now I felt bad, he had caught on that I had lost interest in our…well his conversation.

                “You don’t have to lie, I’m the one that should be sorry sometimes I just get carried away when I talk about sports.”  He fiddled with the keys in his hands, looking like he was trying to figure out what to say next. I decide to help him out, he looked so lost. It was kind of funny seeing one of the most popular guys in school at a loss of what to say. I wondered if he really has ever been on a date before or if he is just use to hook ups.

                I looked out the window and scanned the parking ramp looking for signs of where he had taken me. After a quick glance and not finding anything I asked him.

“Umm… so where are we?”

“Going to our room for the night.” He winked at me.

“Wait. What?”  This was not what I had signed up for.

“Yeah I got us a suite at the Hilton…I thought we could spend the night and head back in the morning. Don’t worry. I’m not trying to pull a fast one and get you in bed.”

I don’t know how I liked this. Who the hell gets a suite on the first date…Guys who ruffie girls then bring them back to the suite and rape them. That’s who.  My fingers traced around the outline of my cellphone in my pocket as I debated if I should cancel and find a new way home.

Blake had gotten out of the truck and opened my door. He gave me a pleading smile. “Please…just trust me Aaron. I would never hurt you.”

I hopped out of the truck and figured that if the night went downhill I could always leave and get a ride back home.

We walked through the parking ramp in silence. The yellow glow of the lights gave me a creeped out feeling.

Blake held open a door for me that led to a skywalk Hilton was written in big red letters  stood above the entry way,  through the glass you could see the hustle and bustle going on below. We must have been pretty close to down town because there were people walking in and out of the many bars and restaurants that dotted the long strip. The lush interior welcomed us into the hotel; a few men in suits were standing and the front desk checking in from the looks of it.

“Reservation for Smith.” Blake flashed his white smile at the young lady working behind the desk.

Her face flushed making it look like she suffered from sunburn.

“Umm.. oh yes!” She stammered keying the entry into the computer. She swiped the plastic card to activate it and then handed it to Blake.

“Thanks. Is the room prepared?” He asked her, his face now all business.

“Yes, of course sir.” She looked at him and then glanced me over giving me a funny look.

“Alright. Come on Aaron.”

We road in the elevator to the 7th floor the whole time in silence, except for the soft humming of the elevator . Oh my god what was I doing, seriously. Here I was going to spend the night with a guy I barely know in hotel room out of town, with the closet person I know probably more than fifty miles away.

The elevator jerked and came to a stop. Blake smiled at me and ushered me out of the elevator and down to the end of the hall to room 700. He slid the card and nodded at me.

“Go ahead. Open it.”

I looked at him. His face calm and cool showing no indication of what was behind the door. I opened the heavy wood door.

Holy shit.