CHAPTER 17

I'm sorry. just going to say that ahead of time so I can go hide somewhere where y'all can't find me so I won't be murdered.

| =============== |

Waking up that next morning, I almost thought it had all been a dream. But feeling his warm skin and his calm heartbeat beneath the palm of my hand, I knew that it wasn't.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up, finding that Vic was already awake. He smiled the second our eyes connected.

"Hey," It was a simple greeting, but it was the best thing in the world to wake up to. Hearing his voice, seeing his face, feeling his touch... I had been waiting so long for exactly this.

"Hi," I responded quietly, not being able to wipe the silly smile off my face.

Vic took a deep breath and leaned in, connecting his lips to mine. His arm tightened around my shoulder, pulling me tight against him before he rolled over, wedging me underneath him.

Our kiss deepened, a comfortable warmth swimming through my body. And yes, it even caused that silly feeling of butterflies in my stomach.

For a moment I didn't have a single care in the world.

Vic slowly pulled out of the kiss, our noses still barely touching as we looked into each other's eyes. But we had done the unthinkable. Or had he done the unthinkable?

"Don't overthink about it," He whispered, as if he had read my mind. He leaned in once more, this time kissing my forehead. "Do you want coffee?" He then asked.

I simply nodded and watched as he got out of bed, slipping on his underwear and the shirt he had ever so skillfully fired over the lamp the night before.

Vic left the bedroom, the door open long enough for Angelo to slip inside and jump on the bed.

I sighed and sat up, petting the purring fluff ball. "This is bad, isn't it?" I murmured to him, but of course all he did was meow a little in response. "Right, what would you know." I added a little bitterly.

I literally felt like I was in heaven just minutes ago, but now? Right now I was sinking into a deep pit of guilt. Not so much regret, but definitely guilt.

I felt bad for Danielle. I really did.

Vic literally just cheated on her, with me of all people. His best friend; the person you're supposed to trust to not do shit like that with. It was awful.

Sure, realistically, Vic was mostly to blame for it. I mean, he was right there... he wasn't drugged, he wasn't intoxicated... I sure as hell didn't put some witchy spell on him.

But if I had been in my right mind, I would've stopped him. I should've stopped him. But I didn't for my own selfish needs. I was too deeply in love with Vic to stop him. I let it happen.

We were both to blame.

Lord, what a mess.

I sighed again and slid out of bed, figuring I could use a shower to think all of this through. I still didn't even have any answers to my previous questions... now adding why the heck this had even happened at all? It only made everything more confusing.