Stolen Kiss

CHAPTER 2

12 years later ...

The arrows flew through the air as they aimed at their target. The men fell to their feet as the arrow embedded itself into their toes. Other guards followed behind and Mina turned her head and ran once again.

It had been 12 years since her father's death and Mina had yet to find her revenge. Of course she wouldn't be running off killing every Babylonian in her sight, however she would kill those listed on the day of her father's passing. It had been huge news of the large sum of deaths that had occurred that day. However it wasn't easy for Mina to begin her mission. Miss Aya had promptly packed their luggage and took them to her sister's village, far away from her previous home.

Miss Aya had refused to let her set foot outside, in fear that she may die. Despite that Mina trained herself secretly in her room and at the age of 18, she left home. Miss Aya had tried to convince her to settle down and start a life, but Mina refused.

Mina had been travelling when she had heard about the order given to destroy her village. Villagers had confirmed it was the Queen of the Hittites, previously the Babylonian princess, who had given the order to destroy it. She had been travelling into a new kingdom once again when hunger struck. She reached out and grabbed an apple from the near by vendor, taking a bite out of it. Just as she was about to give the vendor a coin, a small child had zoomed past her, grabbing her purse in the process.

Mina didn't care to chase after a child who was obviously hungry if he had to steal home for it. However it seemed the vendor didn't think mutually. He began to yell words to Mina in a foreign language. Mina couldn't understand a word of their dialect. She tried to speak with him but it seemed that it angered him more when she didn't understand. From the corner of her eyes, she had seen the armored castle guards approaching her and decided that it was best she ran. NOW.

And that is exactly where we began. Mina was running from the soldier, her cloak loosening from around her neck as she ran. Mina turned a corner behind a wall and saw a figure covered in a white cloak.

Damn, there's a person here too, she thought

She heard the figure say something in the same dialect as the other man but as it began to remove the cloak, Mina moved back in shock.

The stranger removed the cloak and Mina watched as a man with beautiful brown hair and chocolate eyes appeared. His skin was caramel brown and he had a headband of jewels wrapped around his head. Dressed in a simple shirt and trouser, Mina knew she had never seen a man as handsome as he.

But as the voices of the men grew louder, Mina knew that she had to do something. Yet, where was she to go?

The man stared at her perplexed, and before she knew it, he grabbed her arm and covered them both in his cloak.

Wrapped in strong muscular arms, the stranger tilted her head up to his and slammed his lips onto hers.

No! she thought. Let me go!

She tried to pull away from his tight grip but he continued to keep his lips locked onto hers. His weight on her had eventually resulted on them landing on the ground.

"Hey! Where's the girl with the green eyes?" yelled a soldier.

"A girl? I haven't seen anyone here besides us? I'm a little busy here anyways." replied the stranger calmly.

Mina tried to say something but his hand quickly covered her mouth. The audacity of the man!

"That's not possible. We're sure she came this wa- ah! Ah, it's the prince!" Said one of the guards, fright in his eyes.