Chapter 5

"Honey wake up! Time for school!" I groaned at the sound of my mum's chirpy voice.

"Ugh school already?" I pulled myself up and checked the blue digital clock on my side table; it was only six in the morning. Debating if I should go back to sleep or should I wake up now and take a shower, I decided I should just let my body rest for another five minutes. Five minutes won't hurt...

"God damn it Aryna! Wake up!" My bed shook vigorously and for a moment, I thought there was an earthquake! But then, my brain finally woke up and registered what was causing my bed to shake. My eyes fluttered open to see a slightly irritated Zerryn frowning down at me. She was in a pale yellow top that had the brand label 'Mango' across her chest and black suspender shorts. Her hair was tied in a messy bun while her side swept bangs fell perfectly down her forehead. And then, my brain registered fully what was happening.

Didn't I fall asleep five minutes ago? Why does it seem like I've been sleeping for so long?

"Are you awake or are those eyes open just for the fun of it?" she stared at me with no expression written across her face.

"Shit! What time is it? I'm late?" Wow you're fast for realising you're late Aryna. Damn, I shouldn't have slept for five minutes. Wait, I mean an hour since it is seven now.

"No shit Sherlock! We are both kind of late. Now hurry and get ready! Daegn is waiting," I nodded and hurried into the bathroom. Faintly, I could hear her saying that she would wait for me downstairs. After taking a super-fast shower, I dashed out of the toilet slowly since the floor was wet- wait is that even possible? Dashing slowly...Whatever, I am late!

After getting out of the toilet, I entered my walk-in closet and groaned. Now, I would have to search for something to wear. Standing there with only my undergarments in, I looked through my closet.

"Whatever," I took a plain white tank top from the drawer and quickly slip it on. After slipping my favourite denim skinny jeans in, I grab my black leather jacket and a pair of high-cut black boots.

Rushing out of my room, I scurried down the hallway towards the stairs. After getting down, I see Zee and Daegn leaning against the door casually with their hands in their pockets respectively.

I slowed down and cocked an eyebrow; what was this? Some kind of photo shoot or something? Deciding to ignore the weirdos, I went into the kitchen to be greeted by mum, Darren and Daelon.

"Morning!" I chirped and quickly went to grab my breakfast; thank you to my loving mum, she knew I was late so she packed my breakfast for me. Darren was sipping onto his coffee while reading the newspaper. On the other hand, Daelon was sitting on his baby chair playing with his water bottle while mum was feeding him.

"Why didn't you wake up? Now hurry!" Mum snapped at me.

"Your mum is in no good mood," Darren muttered under his breath and I had to laugh at that.

"Ok I will get going! Bye Mum," I kissed her cheek and went to Darren, "Bye Darren," and kissed his cheek. I didn't know why but I still wasn't used to calling him 'dad' yet. Next, I went to Daelon and give him a longing kiss on the cheek. "Bye baby Daelon, I see you later!" I quickly, walked out to see my brother and Zee still standing against the door.

"Let's go," Daegn said while taking his car keys.

God blessed us, we weren't late for school! As soon as we got out of the car, I could see many were still lingering at the parking lots and at the entrance of our school. We said our goodbyes to Daegn and Zee and I walked towards the huge white doors.