Down In The Kitchen

Chapter 6#

Jacqueline: Alright mom. What do u need help with?

Janiecey: With the chicken. Can u put the pepper an the...you know what do but on the chicken.

Jacqueline: Okay.

She started to put the pepper on the chicken.

Jacqueline: Mom, today, we gotta new student. His name is Rayan Lopez. He has long braids.

Janiecey: Who is he? A girl?

Jacqueline: No ma'. It's a boy. He just has long hair. I was just on the phone with him.

Janiecey: Wait a minute...(she stopped what she was doing) You just met this boy and u gave him your no.#?

Jacqueline: He ask for mines so I gave my no.# to him. I just wanna be nice to the dude and get to k ow and make a new friend.

Janiecey: It'd be even nicer if u invited him over for dinner sometimes.

Jacqueline: Maybe until I k ow the boy more.

Janiecey: How is Prince and Cynthia?

Jacqueline: They broke up today cuz Cynthia thought me and him were going out but we were not. I just told him to pretend to be my boyfriend so I want have to admit I like Rayan cuz they asked me do I like the boy.

Janiecey: I see that Rayan boy just might be yours one day. It depends if he likes you.

Jacqueline: Oh he does but he don't know I like him.

She stopped putting the pepper on the chicken

Janiecey: U should tell him.

Jacqueline: But I'm too sacred to tell him.

Janiecey: But u sure wasn't scared to ask your best friend from across the street to pretend to be your boyfriend knowing he was taken.

Jacqueline: Ma'?

Janiecey: I'm just saying. Now put the black pepper on there.

JACQUELINE ROLLS HER EYES AND SMILES AND PUTS THE PEPPER ON THE CHICKEN