Counting

Hey there! First author's note ever! THIS IS SO EXCITING... right? Anyway, I just wanted to say that I know that the Starkids went with two buses on SPACE tour; but I thought it would be useful for the story if they only went in one bus. So I'm gonna write it that way. 

OK! Bye! LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE! <3 <3 <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOEY 

I hear a noise coming from upstairs. I look up and there she is, perfect as always, looking at me. She has that  sparkle of exciment shining in her eyes that's making me melt. I can't do anything but smile (as widely as I can), she smiles back at me slightly surprised. I can't help it, I just go and hug her tight, I'm happy to notice that she's holding me as tight as I am. 

-WE ARE GOING ON TOUR TODAY!- she says jumping without breaking up the hug.

-I KNOW!- I say just as loud, still holding onto her. We break apart to see a smirking Meredith, and Brian and Joe whispering to each other and laughing quietly. Julia doesn't seem to be aware of anything because she's so stressed about the tour, she's the tour manager after all. I kinda feel bad for her, but no matter how much I help her she's still going to be stressed out. 

I turn my eyes back to Lauren, she's still smiling. We don't say anything, we just keep looking at each other. 

-Um, I... I have to get something from the kitchen. I'll be back in a minute- she says, looking down. I just nod. As soon as she shuts the kitchen door, Julia and Meredith follow her.

There are only three people left in the room, Brian, Joe, and me. They are both looking at me with wides smirks on their faces.

-So... how did that hug feel?- asks Brian.

-It's not like I've never hugged her before-

-We don't care, we are going to keep saying these kind of things because we like when stuff like this happen. The whole team wants you two  to be together- says Joe.

The fact that the whole team wants us to be together makes me feel hopeful and happy, but I don't think anything will happen anytime soon. I need a miracle. At least I'll get to live with her on a bus for a month. 

The next thing I hear is the doorbell. Julia comes out of the kitchen grinning, Meredith and Lauren follow her with the same expression. I'm not sure if I ever want to know what they were talking about.

Julia opens the door, Dylan is here. Five minutes later Jaime and Clark are ringing the doorbel.  

As soon as everyone finishes greeting everyone, we hear the doorbell again... and again... and again. A lot of people are getting here now, some of them are members of the band, some of them are helping us at rehearsal, and there's some people I don't even recognize. What I do know is that most of them have things that have to go on the bus and Julia is losing it, because she has to organize all of those stuff and make sure everything is in the right place at the right time.

This is starting to get complicated.

LAUREN

God there's people in here. Poor Julia, she was so happy when I told her I liked Joey back in the kitchen, now I don't think she's that happy.

I was right about seeing Joey. After that talk with Meredith I just needed to look at him smiling at me to confirm the fact that I'm crazy about him. We hugged, and we screamed in excitement just like we always do. But this time was different, this time I hugged my crush, not my best friend. I don't know how I feel about that, maybe I'll miss feeling like he's my best friend. But thinking about that won't get me anywhere;  wether I like him or not, he's still my best friend, he still feels that way about me, and he's always going to be my best friend.