Chapter 2

Lily POV

"Was it really him?" I asked and the girls nodded. There was only one question taking over my mind: How could Peter have done something like this? The question wasn't even meant as a how dare he betray us but more in the sense of how is Peter working for Voldemort, I mean he is a wimp. I looked at James and Sirius, who immediately stopped laughing.

"It wasn't a joke?" Sirius asked.

"No" Hermione said quietly. I looked at James who was about to start either crying or shouting and my bet was on shouting.

"You... Peter..." he said as he started putting the pieces together, "HOW COULD HE DO SUCH A THING?"

 I didn't bother to make him quiet. It's better for him to shout for a minute or two than bottle everything up. 

"IF IT WASN'T FOR ME HE WOULD OF... ! HE WAS OUR FRIEND AND WE HELPED HIM WITH EVERYTHING," he looked at Sirius, his eyes bursting with anger, "WE WERE ALWAYS THERE TO COVER HIS BACK ALL THE TIME AND HE BETRAYS US TO VOLDEMORT?!! WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON HIM HE'LL PAY FOR EVEN THINKING OF HARMING MY FAMILY!"

James was panting, but Sirius' eyes stopped looking at James but instead looked out of the window. I watched him as a shocked face turned red from anger. He held up his hand, pointing through the window, while saying: "James I think that moment might be now." 

I turned around and saw Sirius pointing in the direction, where a chubby figure was walking - Peter. James stopped yelling, got hold of his wand and immediately stood up, but Hermione and Ginny pulled him back.

"Don't. You. Dare." Ginny hissed, her voice as stern and serious as any voice can get.

"If you go after him, you'll ruin everything," Hermione said, "just pretend you don't know anything."

James gave her a 'yeah right, like I'm gonna listen' look 

"For Lily and Harry?" Hermione added. James looked at me and back to Hermione and nodded. 

"Same goes to you Sirius," Ginny said, looking at him.

There was a knock on the door and James stood up to open it for him. I could hear him asking an unnecessary question, which he answered correctly. After a moment they entered the living room. James stood in front of him and Sirius also got up.

"Hello Padfoot, Lily" Peter said, not even noticing that Ginny and Hermione where there. I pulled Harry closer to me. No death eater is coming near him.

"Hello Peter!" Sirius greeted his friend or more hissed at him. I'm not sure, however it was not normal.

"How are you today Peter?" James asked, though I could hear he was struggling to be nice.

"Alright thanks," Peter said, entirely oblivious to the situation.

"Hey where were you yesterday? Order meeting" James asked.

"T-There was an order meeting?" he asked and starched his arm, on which the dark mark probably was.

"Of course not, I'm just kidding." James said in a 'I'm not up to joke about' voice. I have now decided that my husband was not going to get an Oscar any time soon.

"Oh, " Peter said and let out a small laugh. I also cannot believe that he isn't aware of this terrible act James and Sirius are putting on.

"Any ideas who the order spy is Peter?" Sirius asked. Completely randomly of course, trying not to cause any suspicion.

"N-No" Peter whimpered, "W-why do y-you ask?"

"Relax mate, why do you get so stiff when we talk about it?" James said, hitting his back hard, so Peter had to basically jump forwards.

"Yeah this is true, it looks like you are the spy" Sirius said

"You know I'm not" Peter nearly cried out. I looked at Ginny and Hermione, who were just staring at the three Marauders, with their lower jaws hanging from their faces.

"Of course we don't think that mate" James continued, hitting him again or shall I say giving him a supportive pat. 

"But you get so tense. Anyways we are sure you are on our side"

Peter scratched his arm again: "Listen I need to go. I still haven't found a job yet, bye!"

"Bye mate!" James called after him and as he disappeared out of the house. 

I could hear Sirius whisper after him, "the stupid liar"

"How did you not notice what was going on?" Ginny said, breaking the silence.

Hi guys! 

I know it's a short chapter and I am sooorrry! I don't when I'll be updating again, I can't promise you anything,

Love you all!

Lizzie:)

(Don't forget to vote and leave a comment)