28. Ask me

"If you dare ask me I'll turn around and walk straight back out of this room," I huffed as I collapsed face first onto Ben's bed on Friday afternoon.

"Ask what?" Ben spun around on his desk chair to regard me curiously.

"If I'm going to the swimming gala," I sighed yanking my hair back with my hands, "I mean I live here, why wouldn't I be going?"

"Who's asked you?" Ben enquired closing his maths book, leaving his homework still half incomplete.

"Who hasn't?" I complained rubbing my temples, "I can't walk ten paces without someone asking me if I'm going to the gala."

"Why is that a problem?" Ben grinned cheekily, "I'd love to have a boy ask me if I'm going to the gala!"

"You can take them," I rolled over to lie on my back despondently.

"Nah sounds too much like a practical joke to me," Ben chuckled at my despairing look. As I processed his words I shot up on his bed so quickly my vision swam for a moment.

"Of course," I smacked a hand to my forehead. "I'm sorry I have to go and yell at someone."

"Please do it quietly, I need to finish this," Ben instructed with a smug smile.

"I'll try," I fumed storming out of his room straight to Grey and Sawyers bedroom door which I rapped on in several severe knocks before turning and doing the same on Nico and Mitchell's.

"Is there a problem?" Grey stuck his head out of his bedroom door, his hair twisted in great waves around his head, in a similar fashion to a birds nest. He wore no top only simple sports shorts. I forced my eyes not to linger.

"Whatever's happened it was Nico's fault," Mitch announced simply as he strolled out of his room in the Kings Bridge sports uniform (apparently that's a thing), dark navy tracksuit bottoms and jacket with a thick red stripe running down the sides.

"I would object but it's probably true," Nico shrugged leaning out the door a smirk causing his cheeks to dimple.

"I reckon it was all of you," I regarded each of them in turn with a furious scowl, "telling everyone to ask me if I'm going to the gala, really funny."

"It is isn't it," Nico sniggered.

"It is not," I whipped around to him in irritation, "I can't go anywhere without being asked if I'm going, it takes me twenty minutes just to make it to my dads apartment."

"Well don't look at me," he held his hands up innocently, "I wish I could take all the credit but it was someone else's idea," he gave the slightest of nods towards Grey.

"Of course," I rounded on him, "you've probably been having a great time watching me get bugged by the entire school."

"Yep," Grey folded his arms across his broad chest, "I really have."

"Ugh," I knew I sounded like a bratty child as I clamped my arms over my chest in indignation. I knew I looked even more ridiculous when I marched straight to my room and slammed the door behind me leaving them to roar in laughter by themselves. But at least I'd made my point.