Thirty-Seven

"They say home is where your heart is, but what a shame, 'cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same"

"Now what's that you've got there," Harry asks me, craning his neck over me to see what I'm reading

"MYOB," I state quite cooly, as I try to hide the reading material in my hand. "No, it's just some travel brochures," I laugh, setting it on the table.

Celia's been having a hard time as of late, and thought it was wonderful of Harry to suggest that I take her away on a holiday for a few days. A nice getaway for just us girls.

"Have you thought of a destination yet?" he queries, picking up a magazine at random, and flipping through its many pages.

"That's the issue," I reply, with clenched teeth. "Celia can be quite fussy. I thought of a few places, and her reasons for not wanting to go to certain places are quite bizarre. Oh no Ivy, I simply can't go to Portugal. You know I'm avoiding an ex that lives there. Ivy, how could you possibly suggest Mexico? You know Jupiter is in my rising house!"

"Oh dear," he says, eyebrows raised, with an amused expression adorned on his face. "I'll leave you to it then!" Finishing the last of his tea, he rummages around my house for his keys, kissing me fondly on the cheek before he leaves.

"By the way," he calls out to me from the doorway, "Gemma loved you. She even asked me to invite you for Christmas dinner!"

My heart bursts with happiness, hearing this confirmation, as Gemma and I initially got off on rather shaky ground. I was quite worried for a moment, but am glad that the issue is now resolved. I can't imagine she changed her mind about me based on my abysmal karaoke performance, but I'll take what I can get.

"But I was already invited, wasn't I?" I reply back, to a sheepish looking Harry.

"I mean, yes. I invited you. Though I may have forgotten to remind Mum though. Good luck for today!"

He closes the front door before he sees me giving him a rather exaggerated eye roll, but I can't help but smile behind closed doors.

Almost completely given up hope, I set aside the travel magazines, and instead open up my laptop that's on the table, seeing if I have any better luck there. I come across a few options and then a little quote catches my eye.