More Hair : )

Guten Tag.

I have a TON more info to share with you cupcakesss. 

First though, igotta keep you posted on my hair, so here it is ;

So the day after the first chapters upload, I got really psychotic and i couldnt hack the extensions anymore. I took 'em out and washed and deep condtioned with ORS (Organic Root Stimulator) Replenishing Shampoo and one egg. Then i think i did a blow out using low heat and Olive Oil IC heat protector. I had moisturised it with the Incredibly Rich Oil Moisturising Lotion, so it wouldnt dry out. Then, with some extensions i had left, I put the back in singles and the top in cornrows.  

I find this style really easy and managable- The only thing i dont like is the extensions! I dont want to continuously do single plaits because I have more fragile hair and I don't want too much pressure on the hairline. Also, when it comes to taking them out, i dont know if it's just me but I get tired and may end up kinda yanking them, so my hair rips or pulls.

Anypoo. I had those in for about 2 and a half weeks before taking them out Tuesday and shampooing my hair. This time though i did it in sections which I found sooo much better in terms of comfort and actually getting clean results. Sections are also useful for conditioning as they ensure that your entire head of hair is getting soft, and not just the perimeter.

SO, i recommend washing and conditioning in sections.  

Anyway, after that I had the hair in the same sections in twists and I sectioned off the front and did like two braids to stretch them out. I started twisting the back and then cornrowed the front , apart from the quiff section whch I also twisted.

Took the twists out on Friday, got a bunch of compliments about how YUM my hair looked ;) I'll put my hair regimen down below and also some requested braid maintenance techniques

NEW TIPS;

-Rinse out conditioner with cold water. By cold, I mean as cold as you can possibly bare. I do it with the coldest possible setting in the shower. BUT when i wash my hair i lean over the bath and use the shower head, so it's not like my whole body freezes. The reason for this tip is to keep some conditioner in the hair.  So you know when you steam your face and wash it out then you close your pores with ice cold water? Same thing, you're locking in the conditioner and rinsing off excess.

-If hair is out, ALWAYS put in twists or braids to keep hair stretched and detangled overnight. Unless you are doing a twist out, I'd say braids are a bit better for stretchinga hair. Dont get lazy, I'm only talking between 4 and 10.

-Wash hair in sections. SECTIONS. They're sooooo much easier. Like , i dont hate my hair anymore! I used to hate comi ng out of the shower looking like 5yr old Michael Jackson, but now sectioning has helped a great deal. Wash or co-wash hair while its in at least 4 twists/braids. Be sure to detangle first though. Makes it easier to air dry, blowdry or style in sections too.

- After washing, braid or twist hair to stretch out as oppose to using heat.

- Moisturise hair daily with a water based moisturiser such as ORS Incredibly Rich or Pink or Motions. Just look for the first ingredient as water NOT petroleum.

-Moisture and seal - Look it up. You'll need an oil and water or a water based moisurizer.

-Get a water spray bottle. Not compulsary but i find them useful when dealing with my fro. Spray Bottle are 1 2 or 3 pounds tops. But come on, I cant be asked and my mum would start cussing if i spent all my money on hair products. You should see  the way she verbally attacked me when i mentioned egg mayonnaise in Shaba hair shop. Anyway, so I got an old antibacterial spray bottle- you know the one you use in the kitchen to clean, right? no? yeah well whatever- i got it washed it out like 567 times coz i dont want antibacterial in my herrrr. So I filled it with water and voila.