The Roots of my Revenge

Fenriar branch Area code name: Last Hope. Location: Former United Sates territory. March 23rd, 2069 log entry Alpha - Aaron McGee

My biggest life change in history happend in 2054. It was their falt that they didn't show up till it was to late seeing that it was there fault. We where just five minutes from the Anti Aragami wall! I had thought the God Eaters would never have let the incident happen. I have always imaged that I was in the clear being so close to THAT wall where the God Eaters live. Little did I know that I was wrong. I was eight years when it happened, I was playing with my two sisters Selene and Sydney, both were a pain, as sisters, they always are. Even though they are, I loved them. They understand me more than anyone else, not including Mom and Dad.

  The oldest of my two sisters Selene was seven at the time It happened, Sydney was six. Dad was about in his twentys Mom was to, the more I thought about it, I must've been born when they were still in there teens. Dad had black hair with brown eye's buzzed style hair cut with a widows pike. Mom had brown hair with blonde streaks with green eyes. She told me that our eyes where the color of leaf's in the summer. Then one day she told me, "Aaron, I'll admit that I'm jealous of your eyes." I asked the oblivious, "Why Mother?" She smiles at me and says "They are a darker shade of green, the perfect shade of my favorite color." Her hair style was boyish, but yet not too boyish.

  Well I had dark-brown hair with
a widows peake. I was short about three foot eleven. Skinny and light as a feather according to Dad. I never was much of a talker, dad always tried to get me to talk more but, I couldn't hear. They had taken me to the Doctors tent and found out that I need to have tubes in my ears. I love stuff that go fast as a lighting strikes. I made tons of sand castles to count, after that all there was only sand on the ground. I always told my self that I would be the one to be a God Eater but Dad always yelled at me for it. For some reason he hates them to the core.

  Selene was a pure blonde with dark blue eyes that resembled the sky above me now as we ran around the baron ground. She always hid in the sewer if Mom and Dad started to tell scary story's around the fire place or when boys showed up. When she sings, everyone stops to listen to her. Even when mobs start because of differences in ideals. Her heart is true and she sought after books and other past stuff, she said they tell of what life was back before the great disaster had happened. I always ask to be carefull though because she did it without permission.

   Sydney is a smaller version of Selene, blonde hair with lighter blue eyes than her older sister. Sydney would never leave my side though. Why, I never knew for sure. But, I always thought it was because she was shy. But when ever I ask her she replies with a snort "Someone has to keep a pair of eyes on you! Who knows what chaos you'll cause." I always laughed at her.

"Sure you do." She punches me in the arm in return.

  We where enjoying a little time to play in the remains of the city that was once known as Shift. That doesn't matter know because of the Aragami. Those things showed up before I was even born. There where no such things as towns, or countries anymore. No more Plants, no more power, no more anything! All that remains are ruins of steel towers. Mom called them Sky Scrapers. And even then they where fading because of the Aragami as they slowly ate the materials that are inside. The human race nearly wiped of the face of the earth in a week with little or no food to live off of. The only thing that the Aragami don't touch is the water. I never understood why, but I won't argue either because that was what aloud humans to survive for so long. Still, to me Shift was a chewed up sign on the baron ground.

  I was chasing Sydney when we herd screams of pure terror people yelling "It's the Aragami there coming this way!!" Dads yells at the informer

"How long before they get here Drake?"

"Twenty minutes at least! GOD, why..."
a older man yelled to correct Drake,

"There is no God anymore! If there was one he abandoned us LONG ago!"

"Aaron!" Dad shouted

"I'm right here Dad." As I approached the center of the crowed. I was scanning for Selene because I knew Sydney was right behind me. Her hands shaking as she held my arm. I reached Dad and stood in front of him.

"Good, where is Selene?" He asked urgently.

"I was about to go..." I was worried about her she wasn't with me and Sydney when the panic broke out. I wanted to leave and find her. Some how Dad knew that and whispered, "Go now... and keep them safe son, I'm counting on you." With that I nodded and the turned to face Sydney.
"We need to find Selene then go to the Meeting Spot!" The Meeting Spot was the place Mom and Dad told us to go if the Aragami ever came here. Since the wall didn't surround the the metal shacks were our village is.
"I know!" I exclaimed "Hey sis go and see if Selene already at the Spot, and I'll look in the sewers." I could tell she didn't want to but logic won the day and she coolly responded
"Ok! but don't you dare go and do something stupid, alright!" She yells as I  trun to run toward the sewers.

   I set off to a nearby sewer when  a familiar voice echoed about twenty feet behind me, "Aaron, I told Syd to stay at the spot and that I would get you."
   Man, it hasn't been even three minutes.

   "Jeeze sis, that was fast!"

   "I figured you would be here looking for me."

   "And how did you get Syd to stay?"
Selene pauses before she answered 

   "She doesn't want to be in the open with people trying to find hiding spots. And she said that if she leaves to someone might take it after all it is a good hiding spot. Personally its because she is still shy and scared as least as I see it. As I begain to leave i begain to here alarm signaling the Aragamis closeness "Good, lets not keep her waiting long." I added picking up my pace."It's your hidding spot, so lead the way." She nodded and took the lead only she knew the maze inside and out. As we reached the surface I said "Let's hurry b..."My Sentance was cut by a familiar shriek. "MOTHER! Selene, go to the Spot, I'm going to help mom!"

    "B-but..."

    "No time to argue go and find Sydney before she trys to look for us!" I snapped she replies with a half hearted nod and runs off towards the Spot looking at me over her shoulder every so often, while I Sprinted towards direction of the shouting. But when I got there my mother and father heads were eaten alive, right in front of me. I remember seeing the Massive beast. They had two legs, no arms three sharp talons on there feet, a spiked tail, it's sharp teeth glistening red with my parents blood. It's tusk dripping red blood as they scwered their body. There where so many of them I couldn't count. I saw tons and pools of blood as my parents gushing blood joined with the sea of  thick red liquid. All I could think to do was to run and kill the Aargami but my sisters needed me. So with my eyes becoming blurry I clenched my fist and simply turned and ran towards the Spot, never to see mom and dad again. That's when my mind when dark. How am I going to tell Selene and Sydney that mom and dad are dead. Mom, Dad I'm going to make the monsters pay for what they did to you I promise. That's When Last Hope became my dierection of anger, to despise them. God Eaters are supposed to help us not to sit and watch. It wasn't till I was old enough to take the Exams, when I learned the cause of there deaths inside the safe haven. And I want exactly happy with it either.