Chapter 1

Brinnley's POV:

It was a normal, Summer day. It was nearly Autumn, though. Leaves have been falling, like they're trying to finish a puzzle or ,well, start off Fall. Autumn was one of the most beautiful seasons of the year, besides Spring, of course. Fall just had this magic to it that I loved an was clung to. Leaves would occasionally fall onto my windshield and the cool, Fall breeze could be felt through the little cracks of my parents' car.

The car only consisted of me. I was alone. When I was I'm Middle School, nobody would talk to me. I've always been awkward around people. Once I got in high school, everyone loved me. Might have been since I started caring about my self-image.

Nobody was on the road. I turned on the radio. "Please close all doors and stay inside at all costs!" The broadcast ended. I was about to call my parents but has to put my phone down. I had to dodge a bunch of orange cones. I decided I needed to not be so stressed so I got out my iPhone and plugged it in.

I was a little distracted as I was driving home with the groceries for my parents. I've been working on getting into college and becoming a nurse and having a family.... Things that may never happen.

In high school, I was the "popular one". Everyone loved me. I mean, who wouldn't? That may sound a little cocky but I was pretty, smart, nice, and just lovable. I had many friends but only wanted to because I was popular and they were attention seekers. I was popular, but I had my haters. I'd get called names like "Attention-seeking whore", "Two-faced", and many other things.

I didn't have it bad and I didn't have it perfect but it was good enough for me. I was dating the football star but he kinda cheated on me with the head cheerleader. That's fine. At least I wouldn't have hurt anymore. I try to be as positive as possible. Glass half full kinda gal.

I stopped thinking and turned my iPhone in shuffle. I was having the time of my life bringing back the groceries. I felt so happy. This was such a bore to most teenagers but to me, it burn back life and happiness. A happiness that was odd, but music is odd.

I was dancing and singing but that came to an end. It's pretty sad. I was singing along to Taylor Swift's "22" when everything went solid black for a while and something bad would happen when I would wake up. I could feel it in my bones.

I was surrounded by black darkness. A scary darkness. Alone and afraid I was. I'm a dependent person so I felt really uncomfortable. Where's everyone and everything? It's all gone. Braxton? Mom? Dad? Nobody. I could hear the echo of my voice through the pitch black silence. Suddenly, the room lit up and a figure came at me. It's facial features were hideous and he was preparing to bite. I was chained to a chair and couldn't escape. The figure bit me and I woke up.

When I woke up, I was covered in blood. Pain surrounded my body. I barely could sit up. I climbed my way out the car, struggling. When I stepped out of the sideways car, I saw a person walking and tried to get their attention. "Hey!" I said to them.

They turned around with their face covered in blood and gore. It was a sight I wish I never saw. Its the figure from my dream! It started stumbling towards me. I soon realized that it was coming after me.

It was so close but so far away. It started opening and closing its mouth, preparing to bite into my flesh. I've read about these things. They're called zombies. I thought they were myths. I had to stop thinking because it was coming closer.

I quickly searched the car for something. I got a hold of my dad's pistol but it fell between the seats. How ironic. I was getting scared and my hands were shaking so I could barely get a hold of the pistol again. I grabbed it and held it up but the figure fell to the ground. I was gonna say something but before I could say or do anything, a gun was pointed towards my head. "Get on the ground!" A male voice said, demandingly.