하나

SUNDAYSUMMERAUGUST 26TH, -----

SUNDAY
SUMMER
AUGUST 26TH, -----

MONOTONE.

in taehyung's eyes, those dilated pupils speckled of oceanic dust rolling off into a wild azure, crystal specks of amber dampening the edges of his irises, a ghastly shadow overcame his vision. the dull midnight perched on the film of the variety of colors he once could see as a child nipped on the edges of his sight.

7 year old taehyung breathed on the distracting scent of crisp leaves dying on the nip of an entrance counterattacked by a daring winter, shriveling ends crushed around the edges at autumn resonating in the mounds of his ears. underneath the thick canvas of sky blanketed with the kaleidoscope clouds thin and wispy amongst greek yogurt mouths, tongue smeared in a spoilt strawberry flavoring, his giggles brightened the atmosphere dense with browns and oranges and greens. rather bundled in a soft peacoat threaded of a heavy fabric, gloves fitting tightly on his small palms; he found joy. he was joyful.

however, the joy disappeared with the crackling whip of a belt as quick as currents rushing against a colliding sea, tears pooling as if caused by the wettened sand padded along the abandoned beaches he always wanted to visit again. rosy summers basked in the fat of his cheeks amongst his desperate cries and sniffling nostrils for weeks, nightmares caking his brain with a sudden downcast of melancholy and the soft browns found in the dead leaves he used to play with. those long nights stripped of terror, father's hand big enough to grasp a chunk of his hair.

today, taehyung lay flatly against the creamy cotton blankets molded into his sculpted spine, a trail of turquoise gunk dotted amongst the splitting seams and unwinding into thin strings of fabric from years of bending in from his weight. his eyelids blunk slowly, as if coated in honey, him watching the shadows glaze his vision in a dark pigment reminiscent of midnight.

not as if he could tell the difference; night had fallen for him even when the sun was shining.

wool trapped a sticky residue on his skin, heat pricking sweat on the delicate layer of his foreheas now dipped in perspiration, lingering a tangy sea salt stirring up in the midst of his oxygen. restlessness settled over his body, as he now twisted into an uncomfortable position against the bed's forefront, wetted patches of sleep-ridden whispers clinging desperately to the cotton of his oversized shirt. his inner thighs glistened against the moonlight morphing into a sultry hue of sky returning at last, yet he merely saw and heard nothing but his hushed breaths seeping throughout the floorboards of his bedroom.

through the thick glass of the window stood horizons spinned of a hazy tangerine, lingering on the blanket of a strawberry champagne lightly perfecting the overlay. soft dreams freed taehyung of his wavering breaths, at last the sun perked up on its hinges, swinging its beam and infiltrating the thick black rods threaded of the screen. had he not had been drifting, he wouldn't express shock as a melancholic lemon chiffon dimmed in his sight. the uv rays stung his caramel flesh, burning a simmering kobicha on his cheek ---- puffiness arose. he turned over, lifting his eyelid ever so slightly into to the roar of traffic clamoring against his sense of sound, angry beeps and the halcyon line of mustard taxis allowing a sigh from his slack mouth.

little did he know, a figure had casted in the corner of his room, stepping slowly against the creaking mahogany floorboards, wood maonihn as the heaviness bent the insides to a dull dent imprinted in a bruised lilac. taehyung rubbed his thighs, ensured of his sweat and thinking i definitely need a shower when i get up.

"tae! wake up, school is waiting for ya!" the figure rested his lanky fingers on taehyung's shoulderbone, molding the tips onto the side before pushing him backwards in order to face him. underneath the cloak of spring amass his stricken grief and regret of awakening, taehyung managed to recognize the face etched of concern.

it was his brother.

hair doused in a clash of ginger against cinnamon highlights, now a blazing carrot orange from fading alight in the sun's permeance, illuminating in a glittery hue that complimented the outline of his sharp eyes silk shapen out of a fine chocolate.

the morning never looked so beautiful before. taehyung wondered if it was because he didn't feel as numb as he once did. he believed his numbness was inside of the port of his ocean, the one sloshing icy limenade and ice cream in tune to the sunny season, the sea salt ruffling his hair to a misaligned enigma. maybe because emotions were too complex for him; he assumed he had too many.

instead of brushing him off and greasing baekhyun's face with annoyance, he slowly turned his back, of which felt as if it would break into shards of porcelain china if he were to be touched once more, glass pieces dusting the pathway out of his bedroom in a milky ivory set of paint. a lazy grin made out of summer shot him right in the heart. baekhyun's small smile oozed adoration, spilling out into the cracks of taehyung's skin as he shifted into a sitting position, watching the crease of baekhyun's arms as he yawned and threw his arm against the outline of his shoulder. blood dribbled from the corners of his mind, unconscious lip licking to baekhyun rambling about how much he missed him, because he knew lies was too much to handle.

body slick in sweat, eyes uncofused as his feet crashed against the linoleum like waves, foamy cleanser slapping against his face to wash away the numbness tingling in his chest. the hot burned his fingertips, but he didn't mind. he wanted the sensation to last forever; to turn him into ash and make a fire out of him, put him out in a water that'll only raise heat out of him.

raspberry rested along the rim of his nostrils, breathing in the thick aroma of tea he had brewed in the coffee pot. chamomile wove into his veins, itching against the thick width of crimson liquid inside of his flesh, kissing his fingers with a light twitch amongst its hitching onto the handle of the milk jar and drizzling the cream substance into the pinkish liquid settling a rosemary on the edges of the teacup; he felt awestruck as it smoothed into the tea and formed clouds in the midst of a dawn of snowflakes clustered, clumped into droplets of icy films.

vacant noises of their conversation spindled jazz music in his headspace, rolling off onto his tongue in a sour note as if the raspberry tea now shaking in his hands and milk resting on the counter. summer pressed into his ears like a cider; a niggling buzz developed, dripping onto the chairs. baekhyun's hearty yells, mother's glares threading fear into taehyung's lungs, and his faher pouring coffee into a mug in front of him made him want to hug his knees and bury his head in the space.

sounds distracted him from concentrating. to ignore them, he caressed the rim of his tea cup and peered into the contents, not caring for the plethora of noises conjuring annoyance in him.

"since you're a good-for-nothing son, why don't you do something productive with your life for once?" his father's voice boomed as loud as baekhyun's music overflowing from his earphones, his eyebrows scrunched and tie crumpled to the stare of disbelief and fear wounded into taehyung's glossed eyes and jaw agape.

i don't want to do what you do, dad. i don't want to end up like you. i don't like to hurt people. i don't like to lead. i don't like---

you.