Bad Temper

The echo of his footsteps resonated throughout the house. It was Christmas time and falling snowflakes could be seen from the other side of the crystal. Ever since the war ended, his life had become something of barely any importance. His arm was wounded and he still had some repercussions from his last battle, but even so, Naruto decided that he didn't want to be alone for this Christmas. He had lived almost his entire life in absolute solitude and for once... he wished to be with the people he loved most. The problem was that he only loved one person. He loved them so much as to commit one of his most craziest ideas for him and it was only because... Sasuke had continued to refuse to come back to Konoha. To the entire Village, Sasuke was but a traitor.

He looked out the window for one last time. Nobody understood as to why he had taken the stupid decision to go live in the Namikaze clan— a devastated clan. A ghost town within the walls of Konoha. A clan just as destroyed as the Uchiha clan. The war had changed Naruto's views: nothing was important to him anymore, nothing except for one thing: Sasuke Uchiha, but he would never come back.

The sound of the microwave finishing it's task of heating the food brought Naruto out of his reverie. He hated Christmas because it was the exact date when he would go out and see all those happy families shopping or enjoying the festivities. This all only reminded him that he was alone, that his father had died around this time of year when he sealed the nine-tailed fox inside him. Christmas was just a disgust for him.

Once again, he looked out the window, watching as the snow covered the ground of the ghost town that was the Namikaze clan. It was the quietest clan he could go live in after the war. There, nobody would bother him. No one would be watching over him. He felt safe from everyone's eyes; those eyes that, as a kid, would once look at him with hate and now... almost full of admiration for him upon knowing that he was a hero in the battle to save Konoha. To him, it all seemed too surreal.

People had changed opinions in respect to him. They changed from hate to appreciation as if it were nothing, but Naruto did not care because all he wanted in life was to be recognized by only one person: Sasuke Uchiha, the traitor of Konoha, his companion, his best friend. The same boy he had loved in silence for so long and the one he had tried to convince to return without success. Sasuke had never cared about making him happy and Naruto had known that. Sasuke had changed. He had broken their friendship, he had destroyed all ties with the village.

He walked over the soft tatami mats in the room in direction towards the kitchen. The wood creaked under his weight leaving a thundering sound behind him. He hadn't even had the strength to renovate the house that had once belonged to... his parents. Everything was in ruins but at least the appliances were still working and that was something that at least made him happy.

He took out the food from the microwave and placed everything necessary on a tray. It was strange to heat up two plates and despite looking down at it as if it would make him feel not so alone, he still felt the most deepest of solitudes.

He walked at a calm pace, almost sluggish towards the door to the cellar. He opened it and began walking down the battered steps. He was about to reach the bottom when the sound of chains reached his ears. It seemed as if someone had finally woken up.

"Damned son of a bitch, let me go!" He heard Sasuke shout. Naruto only lowered his head, leaving the tray at a certain distance from the raven.

"I can't do that, Sasuke."

"You're an idiot! Who gives you the right to drag me back?!" He shouted. "I don't want to come back, Naruto, I hate Konoha! I hate its people and I hate you!"

"I know,"— Naruto whispered once more. —"but... I can't let you leave. I'm sorry. Eat something, it'll do you good."

Naruto turned to leave when he heard the sound of the chains once again. As much as Sasuke tried to approach him, the chains would impede him from reaching the blond. Their faces were within mere centimeters from each other and although Naruto felt Sasuke's anger, he only felt sadness, despair, and loneliness.