Chapter 3

I grew up on the streets, with dirt and scum surrounding me. And that's just the people. The streets were cesspools of trash and muck with a stench that seeped up your nostrils, like a snake slithering up slowly, until finally, it pounces. Disgusting.

It's no Boca, I'll tell you that. There were crack dealers always trying to take me in as a "runner". They said I was small and capable of sneaking the product to their clients. No one would suspect a 10 year old. I refused to give in to this job offer, even if it payed well. I vowed to be a better person than the people who surrounded me.

There was one dealer who took me in, fed me, and I became attached to. For what his job is, he wasn't that bad of a guy under the layer of dirt. He called himself Affliction.

He had a small "apartment", as he called it, in an abandoned warehouse, which I believe was used as a freezer to store fish, for the smell was just as 3 week old fish. Don't ask how I know what that smells like.

We had a pretty good life together, until I was 11, almost 12. He took me to a "party" at another dealer's which turned out it was only a party for his wallet When we arrived he sold me to the dealer as the one thing I had fought against being. A runner.

Giving my earlier life I shouldve known not to trust anyone.

Especially my father.

I was fast, I'll give myself that, and that granted me a pardon from the mental jail I was in. One night I snuck out, and became a runner by my free will. Not a runner for drugs. A runner away. Where no one could hurt me.

I hitchhiked and ran until I reached Florida. The place where all kids dream of living. Home of where "dreams come true." Home to beaches, Disney, and lots of homeless shelters. I found one in a beachside town called Destin.

The people were nice to me, a feeling I hadn't felt since Affliction or my mother. Well, until he sold me. Bu not that I'm bitter or anything. I was known as "Fuse" For I had a short fuse and often got in fights with other homeless men. Only the men. I had a soft spot for the women, who many reminded me of my mother, especially ones with the same black hair and pale skin.

I only got in verbal fights, never physical, until one day.

I was feeling particularly short fused that day. I was in line for my food at the local soup kitchen, run by the same people of my homeless shelter. Many of the homeless came here. I recognized a few, and they came over to me. "Hey Fuse" a man by the name of Walter stood by me. "Hey Walt". He started up a conversation with me as we slowly moved forward in the line for our soup. I noticed that the soup was running out. I noticed something else too.

Every step I took, Walter would take two. He slowly got ahead of me, which really began to tick me off. Then I saw that Walt would get the last bowl of soup.

I politely tapped Walt on the back. He turned, aggravated from his delay of food consumption.

"Oh Walt, did you accidentally get in front of me in line?". I piled on the sweetness, and made my eyes wide.

He sneered, showing his lack of teeth. "Seniority, Fuse. "

This took me over the edge. I grabbed him by the collar.

"You just poured gasoline on a fire"

****************************

Yo yo yo guys!!! New chapter can you believe it? I'm hoping it's longer than some of my previous ones.

I hope you guys like it and maybe even vote/comment/share with your fans?

I love you guys so much, have an awesome day!