Chapter 6: Apology

I lost it. And scared her. The faction circle isn’t too bad beyond repair. I use my alora to pull the vases back together. Everything seems to reassemble fairly easy but I can feel how weak it’s made me. I wipe blood from my nose. Then try to control my breathing. Nothing i’ve read could have prepared me for this. But I’m sure Ryla is lost in that tunnel. Savion uses his power to open and close the exit. The flames follow him as he runs. He calls for Ryla, but no answer comes.  He starts to follow the trail with the most darkness.

Once he makes it to the elevated tunnel he sends the flames ahead of him, but finds it unnecessary the door is already formed. He reaches for the knob, opening it slowly.  Inside he finds Ryla laying curled up in a ball. Her eyes are leaking as she lay unconscious. Savion lifts her into his arms. The flames swivel above them and he uses them to seal the door. He walks along the path, noticing  her tears haven’t stopped.  I can’t believe I did this to her. She may be spoiled...and stubborn, but, she didn't deserve that from me. He sighs. I’ll make it right though. Ryla won't have to worry about me anymore.

Savion makes it back to the tavern. He uses the original route in order to surface, using the small blue room Ryla came in.

He slips upstairs to her room and lays her underneath a canopy in her bed. As he’s over Ryla cradling her head, her eyes open, then close. She says his name softly. Her full pink lips, say it again like a moan. And Savion gets a chill. He rests her head on the pillow then backs off, thinking did she see me? He cups his lips and turns away facing the wall. Ryla looks angelic her yellow dress tattered, but no match for her beauty. Savion turns  to look at her again. Her tears have subsided. Savion’s face softens and he smiles, knowing exactly what to do. He places both hands at the end of her bed. The covers rustle and the energy his alora produces sprouts up a bed of yellow jasmines, twisting about for her to rest upon like pillows.