Chapter Seven; Burning Fires

Tears well up in my eyes.

He can be the sweetest person one second and then another it's like he's a completely different person. I keep tricking myself into thinking that he's the sweet innocent guy that he lets me see glimpse of but then in a blink of an eye he does things like this. He changes in a matter of seconds . It's nauseating.

He stares directly at me and let's go of her hand. I almost think for maybe a split second he is going to walk over and apologize but once again I'm wrong. She pulls him into the direction of the house and he goes with her.

I don't want to compete with her, I know they had a big history and a long past together . I don't want to compete with that. I won't.

I just wanted to at least think he was my friend .

Maybe the asshole Shawn is the real Shawn instead of the sweet guy I've been catching glimpse's of every now and again.

"Stella ? What's wrong" Claire runs over to me. Tears fall from my eyes but I quickly wipe them away.

"Nothing you were right, I should have stayed away from him. He's bad news" I shrug and wipe my eyes again. Her head falls and so does her face. She looks at me with sad eyes.

"Give him a chance Stella, he will come around. It might just take him awhile" she rubs my back and I nod. She walks me inside to where my brother and the rest of the group is. A small group of us sit in a circle.

The circle consist of me, my brother Jackson, Charlie, Ian, Brianna, Shawn, Claire , and chase.

"How many of you have played never have I ever before?" Everyone raises there hands including myself.

"Okay everyone hold up 10 fingers" chase instructs . Everyone in the group holds up both of there hands.

I look over at Shawn to see he's already glaring at me. I look back towards the ground in front of my feet.

"Claire you can go first" chase tells her. She sits up straight and puts a finger on her lip as she thinks of something.

"Never have I ever went skinny dipping" Claire says.

Shawn and Brianna's fingers both go down.

Everyone else's stays up

The next person to go is Ian

"Never have I ever smoked weed." Brianna's finger goes down but Shawn's stays up.

Jacksons turn

"Never have I ever had sex"

Brianna and Shawn's fingers both go down along with Claire's an chase's.

My heart sinks.

I knew in the back of my mind they probably had sex I just had never really thought about it. Now it's confirmed and it honestly kind of hurts. Anger fires up inside of me.

My turn

"Never have I ever cheated" the words slip out of my mouth . Shawn stares at me surprised.

Brianna doesn't put down her finger so I begin to call her out.

"Brianna why didn't you put down your finger? I thought you cheated on Shawn right?" I question . The room got so silent to the point you could hear a pin drop. Her smile falters and eventually drops into a straight line.

"Stella!" Shawn yell's.

"What? I thought this game was about things we've never done. And she's cheated before so she's done that and she didn't put down her damn finger!" I stand up and storm out.

My brother follows after me and grabs me by the wrist spinning me around once we reach outside.

"Stella what the hell was that" Jackson yells.

"She cheated on him and she lied about It so I called her out. What's the big deal!" I throw my arms in the air.

"Stella stop crying" Jackson walks closer and hugs me. His voice softens.

"I'm not crying" I bring my hands up to my face and feel my cheeks. Their wet.

I have been crying. For how long? I have no clue.

"It's okay just calm down I'm right here" he holds his grip around my body and I begin to cry harder.

"He's just a stupid boy I should have just kept my mouth shut!" I cry into his shoulder harder.

"Come on we're going home, lets go home" he pulls us out of the hug but keeps his arm wrapped around me securely. I turn around and look inside through the glass door to see Shawn staring at me .

I turn back around. I can't stand to look at him right now.

My brother drives his car back home to our house. I climb out of the passenger seat holding myself tightly . I feel if I let go of myself , all of the broken pieces will fall apart and I won't quite be able to put them back together myself.

"Hi honey how was the party!" My mom Brennen ask.

"It was fun, but Um, I'm really tired so I'm just gonna go to bed" I shut the front door and go upstairs into my room.

I look at the pictures that hang around my room. Multiple of me and Claire. Multiple of me and my family. A dozen of me and my friends back in LA. And one of me and Shawn.

It was the day that we made brownies together. He took it of us when we ate the batter off of the spoons. I had some on my cheek and he had some on his nose. Our faces we're pressed against each others . I'm in a full out toothy smile and he's sticking his tongue partly out of his mouth all while smiling at the same time.

I rip it down and throw it inside my dresser drawer and I pile a bunch of clothes on top of it. I don't want to look at it.

I turn off my phone and lay In bed.

I should have just stayed away. I thought that maybe this was just me being upset because he didn't consider us friends. But this is me being upset because he was with another girl.

Stupid jealousy!

"Ugh" I groan into my pillow and hit my bed with my hands and legs.

Before I know it, I'm drifting off into sleep.