Read My Lips: Chapter 25

Chapter 25

There was nothing more erotic than a half-naked, beautiful woman cooking a late-night breakfast.  Macie had tried doing this exact act once upon a time, and only the one time.  But Macie didn't burn those pancakes back then because Linc destracted her.  In fact, he hadn't even known she tried to cook for him.  Thank god she never tried again.  The kitchen was not her home turf.  She finally allowed his ranch cook, Croaky, to cook his meals after that one episode.  Ah, Croaky.  Linc missed Croaky.  That cranky old man knew his way around a set of pots and pans, but Croaky had been quite happy to take Linc's severance package and to retire after Linc sold off the ranch property and livestock and dismissed the rest of his employees with the same comfortable severance pay.  Since then, Linc had been living on microwave dinners and canned tuna.

Now, seeing Amber in his kitchen, whisking up the egg mixture like a pro, it made him wish for...

For her...

Her hair was mussed up prettily and her skin glowed from the inside out.  The scent of her permeated the air around him and Linc couldn't stop touching her, tasting her, inhaling her.  Just seeing Amber in his shirt, with the tips of her breasts seducing him with her every move, his salvitory glands were working overtime.  

So beautiful...so sweet...so delicious...  Linc knew he had to feed her quickly.  But then he found himself licking syrup off her chin, then her thighs...and then smearing it over her just so he could compare the sugary taste to the sweet taste of just her.  He thought about how other places would taste, coated in the sticky topping, and decided to research that mystery.

Then of course, there was this one part...right there under the curve of her breast, where the fullness of her rested on his cheek as he tickled a rib with his tongue.  He couldn’t seem to get enough of it.  Amber moaned and giggled and moaned some more as he loved on her.  But just as he was about to strip her of the shirt entirely, she shoved his head away and tried to force the hem of the shirt down to her knees.

“Linc!” she whispered.  “Your brother!”

Linc came out into the open, saw Amber’s face, which was a study in the color scarlet, and allowed her to crawl down into his lap and bury her head into his chest, now moaning with humiliation.

“Wil?” Linc called out between clenched teeth, squeezing that sweet woman against his body.

His brother’s voice came from the mudroom, “I swear to God, Linc.  I didn’t see nuthin'.”  The brim of Wil’s stetson poked around the door frame as he hid just out of sight.  Wil had a hell of a knack for bad timing.

“Then keep your head down and keep moving,” Linc instructed, shifting Amber so Wil couldn’t see so much of her if he did decide to peek.  “You’ll be sleeping in the downstair’s bedroom tonight.”

“Not a problem, but if you don’t mind, I think I’ll just wait for you two to leave,” Wil said from the dark room off the kitchen.

“Like hell you will,” Linc growled, thankful Amber’s head was still buried under  his arm.  “Get the f*ck out of here.”

“Come on, man,” Wil grumped.  “I’m starving, and whatever you guys fixed up smells so good.”

Amber shifted and lifted her head.  “What’s he saying?” she whispered.

“He’s hungry,” Linc replied as though it was barely a step up from a felony.  But Amber popped right up in his lap and frowned.

“Oh, poor thing,” she said softly, gazing toward the mud room.  Linc’s eyes narrowed on her.

“Oh, no, you don’t,” he told her, though he was surprised she could get over her embarrassment so quickly, just because his brother was hungry.  “Don’t you know if you feed strays, they will never leave?”

Wil chuckled.  Amber slapped Linc on the chest.  “Oh, hush.  He is your brother, not a dog.”  She untangled herself from him and bounced over to the stove.  “Give me just a minute, Wil,” she called over her shoulder.  “I will make you some French toast.”

“I’d tell her thank you,” Wil said from his spot around the door, “but that would be kind of pointless.  I guess I’ll just have to tell her later.”

Linc said nothing.  He leaned against the edge of the table, watching the doorway diligently as Amber grilled up more French toast for his brother.  She poured the syrup over the giant stack when she finished, making Linc growl because he wasn’t really finished with the syrup, but he couldn’t enjoy it now that Wil was having some.  Amber shuffled hesitantly over to the doorway where Wil stood and thrust the plate around the corner.

“Here you go,” she said.

Then the jackass poked his head around, grinned at her as he took the plate, and kissed her cheek.  “Thanks, Amber.  You’re a sweetheart.”

Linc grabbed her waist and pushed her out of the kitchen.  He leaned back to his brother and snarled, “You’re an asshole.”

“I know,” Wil said, his mouth stuffed with Amber’s pity-gift.  “Have fun, you two.”

Out of the kitchen, Amber stood in the dark hallway between the living room and the stairway.  Linc stomped over to her, tossed her over his shoulder and stomped up the stairs two at a time.  She shrieked and giggled, and he had to smile in return because he hadn’t felt this playful in years.  But he didn’t stop in the bedroom.  He carried her straight to his bathroom and dumped her on the small bench seat inside his massive spa shower.  She had syrup all over her, after all.  

Her eyes lit up when she saw the gray tile and the numerous massaging shower heads.  He didn’t upgrade a lot in the house when he took over the ranch from his pop, but the shower was one of those things he did change right away.  A man needed a good cleaning after working out in the elements every day.  Linc turned on the rain head in the center of the stall, allowing the water to heat up.  He stripped her of his shirt and him of his shorts, soaped up her body and washed every inch of her.  Just to get to touch her over and over again.  Her skin was a drug to him … a stimulant for an adrenaline-junkie … a cherry lollipop for a five-year-old … as soft as a blushing rose petal … and those freckles … he spent a considerable amount of time tracing patterns across her back with his tongue while the water dribbled down on top of them.

He didn’t plan to do anything more than touch and kiss her, but after he lavishly washed her hair and nibbled around on her neck as he soaped up her breasts over and over and over, she pushed his shoulders down for him to sit on the bench and then she straddled him and rode him.  

“Are you sure you’ve never done this before?” he asked once he climaxed inside her again, right after he felt her muscles claiming him, and the water started running cold.  She smiled at him.

“My body knows what it wants, Linc,” she said as she stood up.  “I am just giving it free rein.”  She stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself.  Suddenly, she froze as a thought came to her.  “Unless...am I doing it wrong?”

Linc looked into her confused blue eyes as he shut off the water.  She honestly thought she was faulty in her lovemaking.  He had to squelch that idea right away.  Taking her face between his hands, he said, “Amber...you are perfect, in every way.”

A quiver of uncertainty entered her eyes.  He read her thoughts clearly.  A blind man could see the question, Then why don’t you love me?, in her eyes before she masked it and smiled again.  “Thank you, Linc,” she said instead.  “I think you are perfect, too.”

He snorted in reply.  Later, both of them dried off and curled up in his bed, he held her close as she slept and wondered himself, Why don’t I love her?  Or can't or won't?