Questions and Confusion

*Clarisse's POV*

My body couldn't move, I felt so many feelings. Sadness, happiness, pain, anger...

Why? Why did she just show up now? Years have passed by but yet she just showed up now, when my supposed to be dead bestfriend, is gone.

Of course I was happy but I can't stop asking, Why? Why just now? Why not few years back? Why? So many unanswered why's... I don't know how long I've been standing here, but surely long enough to make Mum come over and give me a huge hug.

"Clarisse..I'm so sorry, honey. I know it's a surprise to see me here. I know many questions are running in your mind but I had to. Your Dad and I had to...to protect you, even Kat's parents, we all wanted to protect both of you but right now, I only have 30 minutes to stay and talk. Your Dad and Kat's parents are on their way." My Mom said, on the verge of crying while give my butterfly kisses on my head.

Maybe they really had reasons, but of course, I still couldn't help but feel sad and hurt. On the bright side, I finally got to see them again. It's amazing to know that they're still alive, that I'm not alone...Oh, Kat. I wish you were here...

After recovering from my state of shockness, I wrapped my arms around my Mum, hugging her so tightly, while tears streamed down my face. Happiness...but how can I be happy when Kat isn't here to celebrate with me? After all those years of thinking our parents were dead, they actually weren't...she's not here. Do they know?

"I missed you so much, Mum! I can't believe you're alive! After years...I-I thought you and Dad were dead! I don't care if it's been years, but I'm SO happy to know all of you are still alive!" I cried harder on my Mum's shoulder, while she rubbed my back like how she always did when i was younger, I missed her so much.

I looked around, getting slightly embarrassed with my red nose and puffy eyes. Some of our friends were tearing up, mostly Erin and Ashle, at our little family reunion.

"How did you know about this place and that I was here?" I asked, wiping my tears away.

"Oh honey, I want to explain to you everything but I'm afraid we don't have much time. Even though we'll be away again for God knows how long, please take care of yourself and Kat, okay?" She says, holding my cheek.

I frowned, about to cry again on the mention of Kathreen. They don't know...

Before I could say anything, a voice startled me, "CLARISSE!!!" I knew that voice so well, it was Dad! He came running, from the huge front gate of the campus. Running behind him were Aunt Anya and Uncle Dean, Kathreen's parents.

A huge smile was plastered across my face as I ran towards my Dad, engulfing him in a big bear hug! "Dad, I missed you so much!"

"Clar, I'm so thankful you're okay. Look at you, all grown up now!" He said, ruffling my hair. I missed my parents so much, we always had a really good relationship.

"Aunt Anya and Uncle Dean!!" I squealed and hugged them both, they were my favorites. They were the best and always spoiled Kat and I! "Oh, Clarisse! We were so worried for both you and Kat. I knew you girls could take care of yourselves." they said, returning the hug as I got a kiss on my cheek from Aunt Anya.

Before I forgot, I turned around to see my friends, as well as some of the members, enjoying the little reunion we were having...except it wasn't a reunion...Kat...

"Guys, this is my Mum and Dad," I pointed to my parents who waved at everyone with big smiles.

"And they are Kat's parents." I pointed to Aunt Anya and Uncle Dean who did the same.