Chapter 23

Nora James P. O. V

"Hello everyone!" I beam as I stretch my arms, a radiating smile on my face.

Or well I hope so.

Entering into the living room where everyone is seated, I walk over to the one seater sofa where Alex sits and perch myself on the arm of the chair.

Alexander regards my enthusiastic mood with a raised brow which I merely ignore as I peck him on the lips.

I smile back at Damien and Greg, the same wide smile tugging at my lips as I ignore the confused and suspicious look the latter of the two is sending me.

"It's a lovely morning isn't it Damien?" I ask brightly.

Everything about me today is brilliant and radiating and bright.

Alexander's eyes slightly widen but then settle down as suspicion clouds his face.

I swear I can even hear a light 'suck up' escape from his lips.

Turning my attention to a glowering Damien, or as close to showing emotion the man could get to, I await for his reply.

Damien nods so slowly and almost as if it pains him he replies back with a curt,

"Yes.

At least I got something out of him.

I turn my attention back to Alexander, who tugs me off of the arm of the couch and into his lap, completely ignoring the look of disgust coming from Greg.

"So will we be going out today to Sam's workplace, or are we going to watch him for a few days, take in his routine and then hit when he leases expect it?"

Alex looks at me bewildered while Greg nods his head in approval.

"Definitely." Is all Greg says, solemnly.

"We watched a lot of NCIS yesterday when we couldn't sleep due to the jet lag." I explain.

"Oh." Alexander mumbles, "well no not really, today we're just going to lay low and catch up on our businesses."

I give Alexander a sharp look.

"You mean your slacking off because you're tired?"

"Pretty much." He answers back with a grin as he pecks me on the lips.

"Ugh get a room." Greg voices out childishly while we all ignore him.

"So Damien." I continue as I turn in my 'seat' to face the man in question.

Damien glances up from his laptop.

That man and his damn laptop will be the death of me.

What does he even do on it all day, twenty four seven.

The mans cold calculating gaze snaps from me to Alexander and then back to me again.

"Alexander," Damien says with a fixed jaw, muscles taught.

Alex shifts uncomfortably beneath me as he smiles almost sheepishly, "yes?"

I await Damien's answer patiently, my eyes flickering back and forth between the two men, even Greg is leaning forward in his seat.

"You can tell her whatever she wants to know."

What?

Alex seems to be as surprised as me as he looks at Damien.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive cousin. I do not care, as long as she stops looking at me like that."