Eternal Rose {Chapter 2} Retrace

Ummm, so I'm VERY tempted to write another chapy oif black rose. and i may say, tempted is an UNDERSTATMENT. I mean, even as i write Eternal Rose, ideas for how Black Rose transitions to Shadowed Rose pop into mind, and next thing i know, my mouse is this ->ll close to clicking onto the Black Rose Document. -_-

it's very annoying, and it makes my day go buy too fast to even finish a decent five page chapy... TT.TT

**LISTEN**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXWSYwVZbmg (Don't know the song, but i LOVE the vid and i think it just goes good with this chapy, in a way.)

______________________________________________________

"Iris... Iris... IRIS!"

My eyes snap open and I spring up in bed, alarmed, and gasping for air. Chills run down my spine at the unusually cold temperature of the room. I hear a hiss, and scream, cowering behind my hands.

"Iris! What the heck is wrong with you and why are you screaming!" I look up into Esther's warm brown eyes and feel myself just collapse. I fall back in bed and sigh, shaking my head. Damn, that was one HECK of a nightmare! I mean, people covered in blood and hissing? HAH!

And yet why do I feel like they really do exist? I rub my eyes for a moment, just to clear my sight. It doesn't work though, because the second I open my eyes, I see the faint ghost of a girl with white hair just like me, and icy blue eyes too, only she's... different. She jumps forward, her hair swishing around her before turning to face me with a smirk. I blink, and she's gone in a flash.

"Helloooo! Earth to Iris!"

"Huh, wah?" I focus back on Esther, and try to not think about what I just saw. "Sorry, just spacing out a lot lately..."

"I've noticed. SO, what happened?"

I raise an eyebrow in confusion. "What do you mean by that?" Oh god, don't say my dream was real. Don't say it, please don't say it!

"Ya know, when you fainted yesterday in front of the gate! EVERYONE in school's talking about it, and well, the school security's going to want to talk to you..." she trails off, seeing as I probably look like I'm going mad. "Iris, close your mouth before you catch flies," Esther commands, and I automatically listen, snapping my mouth shut.

Sighing, I get up from bed and go to my closet for some new clothes since I'm still in my uniform from... was it yesterday? I peel the uniform off, and decide to just go into plain casual clothes. It IS Saturday after all. Esther walks off to her side of the closet (forgot to mention it's a walking closet) and picks out her own outfit, even though she's already dressed. I guess she likes to switch outfits every now and then? Eh, I'm starting to lose it...

We both walked out the room, Esther seeming strangely happy, while I on the other hand felt like a living corpse. God I hate this. There were few people in the halls as we walked, but every time we passed someone, I would hear them whispering something, and I knew they were talking about me. I don't know how I knew, I just did.

"So, wanna go to town to-"

"NO!" I say almost too quickly and loudly, just as we make a turn to the main hall of the academy. Everyone turns to face me and Esther, and I feel my face slowly heat up. We continue walking in, and gradually, conversations start up again, but I know they're no longer talking about whatever they were talking about before. All conversations are focused on me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound conceited or anything, but everyone just keeps on looking at me, and every now and then I hear my name being said. It creeps the hell out of me!

Esther's talking to me too, I think, but I just can't focus on the words as we walk. Something's just... wrong here. I can't say exactly what but I know it's in here somewhere.

I hear giggles, somewhere off in the distance grabbing my attention. My head snaps up from the oh so interesting floor and my eyes and ears search for the origin of the sound. I hear it again a second later, and see HER. The girl from earlier with the same long white hair as me.

A small smirk plays on her lips when she catches me staring, before she just runs off into the crowd of students. I have to follow her. I don't really know why, I just DO! Without a second thought, I brush past Esther and just run head on through the crowd toward the door where the girl had gone through.

"Iris! Where are you going? Hey, WAIT!" Esther screamed from behind me, but I couldn't listen to her now. Nor could I wait, she was too slow, and this girl was too fast. I felt someone grab at my shoulder, and looked up into dark brown eyes. Christopher.

"Where do you think you're going? After what happened yesterday?!" He pulls on my arm, and herds me back the way I came from. I fight against his hold, turning back every now and then, but the girl's gone. Just... gone. Esther catches up to us then, eyeing me strangely, as if I were some sort of untamed animal to her. And I felt that way. Something is doing to happen, and I'm going to be there to see it.

Is it me, or am I going crazy?

But then how could I tell? Apparently, crazy people always think they're perfectly fine, and so is whatever strange unusual action they're doing. So how can I be saying I'm gong crazy? When I look back off the ground and up, I realize we're in front of the office. Christopher continues to hustle me in, but when Esther starts following behind, two security's grab her by the shoulders and tow her out. God, could they be any harsher?

The door slams locked from behind me, and fear returns to me. I can feel the presence of more people in the room, though I only see myself and Christopher, as he continues walking forward. Biting down hard on my lip, I follow, looking around carefully. This is the first time I've ever been in the office, and well, it looks like damned library!

There were endless shelves of books on the walls, desks sprawled all over the place, each with their own computer on a certain document. I tried to read some of them, but Christopher's constant pulling on my arm kept me from getting more than a word. But a word was enough.

Vampires.

I thought back to the old man and the boy with tattered clothes, covered in blood and holes. That they had fangs. That they hissed like deranged psycho's. Their eyes were a rusty red, almost maroon, and not blood red like most legends said, but they were still red. Maybe vampires did exist.

And maybe I was going crazy...

We stop before two huge wooden doors, realistic roses carved into the side almost like is was a hedge. It looked... familiar... The doors opened then, and the thing about there being more than one presence here was true. Two men stood in the room, each one seeming to radiate of their own power. One gave me a charming smile, while the other just looked at me with... a glare?!

"Iris McGowen, right?" the one with the kind smile asks, his black eyes seeming to bore holes into my own. It's not a good feeling either... And then I realize he just asked me a question. CRAP, what do I say.

"Umm, yes?"

He laughs, and for some reason I feel like I'm going to melt. God, control yourself girl! I look up and his eyes seem to flash -red?- as he stares at me, almost too intently. It scares me even more than the smile earlier. "Tell me, what did you see out in town, that made you run the whole way back?"

HOW does he KNOW?! "I-I-I," stuttering, I back away, and crash against Christopher's chest.

He grabs hold of my arms again, and pulls me into him, whispering, "Just answer him," before thrusting me forward and to face them. Images of the vampires (?) return to my mind. I fall back, shaking my head. I don't want to say anything to them. I can't trust them, I don't know why. I can't...

"Vampires..." I say faintly, before the world all around me becomes black. I've been fainting a lot lately. Please don't let this become a habit.

Link to the next chapter:

http://www.wattpad.com/278775-eternal-rose-chapter-3-knowing-doesn%27t-mean-you