Chapter 2

Whoa, it's been a while. Gomen. For the long wait I mean. I'm just such a huge procrastinator. Anyway, enjoy. ^u^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I honestly don't know why Mother even forces me into these sort of meetings. What does she think I'll gain from these people? They're all chatterboxes and won't give a damn of what we say and just tell of their lord's messages and opinions. If they're lords are able to send their messages through their personal telephones, they obviously have time to at least come to meet us personally! I'd find that much more convincing in my opinion.

Just as I was about to open the door to the meeting room, I paused. There was loud yelling coming from the room, probably Mother. Not wanting to interrupt, I carefully put my ear at the door and listened.

"No! I don't think he's ready for such a thing! How could he?" my mother said sternly. "He's much too young for that!"

"But, your majesty... his highness is of age. He could at least do it. Why not just offer an opportunity for him to at least choose?"

"But then... my boy would... grow up too fast." my mother said, starting to whimper. "You wouldn't bear separate my dear boys from me would you?" she pleaded Triard's ambassador.

What is the world are they talking about? What's all this non-sense about separating us or something?... Wait, don't tell me...

"Your majesty, please consider my lord's decision."

"Oh what good is in the simple marriage anyway?!"

Not with the marriage thing again! I complained. This was probably the millionth time the ambassador came and brought up this idea. I was starting to get agitated by this conference.

Basically, Triard's king, Nolve (Noel-vay) Triard has his three daughters, Anastasia, Henrietta, and Beatrice, and doesn't have a son to take the throne. He thinks that he can just marry them off to these powerful rulers or nobles. I don't know, maybe take control of their land in the process and hope to gain something from the whole situation.

I have met the three before. They are indeed beauties, but I really didn't find anything all that interesting about them. They're all the same with all the nobleman's daughters.

Not caring a single bit whether my mother will kill me later that day, I walked out of the rubbish that is constantly recurring. Heading towards the kitchen.

"Morning, Ms.Rogue!" I smiled at the head kitchen chef.

"Mornin, hon. Now where you going off to now?" she turned from the fire at looked at me steal a pear.

"The usual. Nice meeting you." I slithered out of the kitchen and out the back door.

"And you too child." she smiled back and went back to work.

After leaving the kitchen, I sprinted passed the kitchen's garden, through the courtyard and into the forest. In the forest was just a tree that I would always climb up and ponder. The tree itself was pretty tall, a good 40 foot climb, but the view and breeze was always alluring.

I looked up and bit into the pear, holding it in my mouth and started climbing. Coming up into the tree so often, I knew exactly where the placings for feet to climb and got really good at climbing other trees as well.

After getting to my usual seating, I just turned to look at the view of the distant village near the castle, munching on the pear. The town was busy as usual, with all the children sprawling around and all the adults walking around trading or selling unique items. I started to ponder up a plan to go.

"Denin?" I heard Tristan's voice call.

Damn it. I hid behind a branch.

"I thought you had the meeting with the ambassadors?"

"Yeah, yeah. I didn't go."

"What? Why?"

"It's so boring~" I whined. "They talk about the same things every single time. I've had enough of it." I turned and dropped the remnants of the pear, aiming it to hit Tristan.

"Woah!" he dodged. Damn it. "What was that for?" slightly angered and started scaling up the tree.

"Just to annoy you. What else?" I smirked. As he started getting closer to me, his forehead was completely vulnerable. I leaned in slightly to come into closer contact with Tristan's head and flicked it.

"Ow! Okay, that was completely unnecessary!" he exclaimed, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me down.

"Whoa!" I fell from my spot and quickly grabbed onto a branch. "I was planning on coming down anyway! Jokes on you!" I smirked again. "Race you to the bottom!" I quickly climb to the base of the tree and scale down as fast as I can.

"Hey! That's completely unfair!" he huffed and had to climb back down. When he said that, all I could do was chuckle and obviously beat Tristan.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thanks again for reading. I'm sorry for not posting in like... 2 months!

I wasn't sure if I should have started this, since I wasn't sure how to add onto the story and make it seem interesting, but luckily I came up with something.

I strangely came up with another story idea while writing this, but that will have to be saved for another time.

I'm planning on updating once a week, so please anticipate for the next chapter! This applies to both Wisteria and The Azure Savior. Is it good so far?

3-23-17