My short stories

"Hey,"

The warm voice flooded my head. I smile, instantly knowing who it belonged to. I feel my eyes flutter open. My eyes take him in. He smiles back at me, "lets go,"

The room spins. It's no longer my bedroom, now I'm outside, where its bitterly cold. The sharp whip of the wind makes it colder. I notice I'm wearing my favorite cloak; the white one. It matched the snow and my white dress. He was right in front of me, his gloved hands were holding something.

"Ready?" He smiles brightly, a small cloud temporarily appears in front of his mouth. I hear his pink turning nose sniffle.

I nodded eagerly. "Of course...!" I bite my lip so I don't smile too wide.

He flashes me a toothy grin before he turns. He ran away from me.

I squeal excitedly before starting after him. The cold air filled my lungs. It felt so amazing, no ... it felt perfect. As if in a perfect dream, snowflakes fell slowly from the sky.

"It's snowing!!" I screamed to him. He laughs and I spin around, getting pecked in the face with the small flakes that melted on contact with my skin. I did care that he was getting farther away. Right now I blended in with the snow, wearing white from head to toe. I stop turning around. Where was he? I saw him over by a pine tree, dusted with snow. I rushed over, but he kept running. I smiled so brightly I giggle. After all, i was playing my favorite game. Suddenly there was a gust of wind, blowing snow everywhere. I couldn't see anything. I lost him in the blur of the white powder. Then everything stopped; the clouds stopped snowing, the wind stopped blowing, I stopped running.

What my eyes fixed on as the snow settled scared me. It was him. His hands where open, exposing a red object. He looked disgusted as he threw down the object. It was leaking, staining the snow under and around it red. He turned and walked away.

My chest, oh how my chest started aching. There was pain but this feeling I was experiencing was severely greater. Liquid warmth from my chest trickled down.

"No, no no no no." I say quickly, touching my chest. I pulled back sticky red fingers. I had to get it back.

I started walking, my knee gave out. No. No no no. I wince as i fall to the ground. I claw at the snow. I pulled myself until I couldn't anymore.

My whole side was warm. Heavily, my dress stuck to me.

I couldn't go any closer to my heart. I extended my arm to it.

Two hours later, the girl, who's beautiful white dress and cloak had been stained red starting below her elbows, lied still. The snow fell so delicately, slowly collecting on her covering her up completely restoring the absence of color to her clothing.