Eleven

The moment I open my eyes, I notice that all I can see is absolute darkness.

I was currently laying down, and it felt like my body was resting on a bed, which makes me feel slightly better than thinking I was in the trunk of a notorious child murderer.

That's when I start to wonder how I got here in the first place. And slowly, my memories all start to flood back into me.

Shit.

I wondered for a moment if I had died, and pinch myself on the arm. I'm not sure what it would prove, but I did it anyways, and felt a little better when it slightly hurt for a second.

Pushing myself up from the bed, I try my best to look around, before a light turns on and I can see exactly where I am.

"You're awake."

I was in an unfamiliar bedroom, with a rather familiar person watching me with concern.

"Where am I exactly?" I ask, my eyelids drooping.

"Guest bedroom. Go back to sleep though, you need the rest." Shawn's voice is filled with warmth as he rests against the doorframe.

"Wait, what time is it?" I ask, concerned. I barely knew what day it was.

"About midnight." He responds shortly, and I pull off my blanket in shock.

"My mom's going to kill me." I gasp. She was probably worried sick that I hadn't come back home yet, or even called to tell her where I was.

"Harper texted from your phone and said that you were staying at her place for the night." Shawn answers, coming closer and sitting on the bed.

"How did she get my passcode if- oh." I cut my question off, remembering that Shawn knew my passcode and probably typed it in.

"Yeah, well you should go back to sleep now." He says, and as he starts to get up, I grab his wrist, quickly letting go the moment we make contact.

"Um, I just wanted to know what happened when I, well, passed out."

"Oh." Shawn says, his facial expression suddenly solemn. "You might want to change your clothes first, before you catch a cold."

I look down at my clothes, noticing I was wearing the same outfit as before. As I start to get up from the bed, Shawn continues to speak.

"There are clothes in the bathroom. I would have borrowed my sister's, but her and my parents are visiting my grandparents, so I decided not to."

"Thanks." I tell him, a small smile in my face as I walk out of the room and towards the bathroom.

When I go inside and lock the door, my eyes widen at the sight of my own reflection. My mascara, which used to be on my eyelashes, was now under my eyes, and I had a scratch on my face. Instantly my cheeks redden at the thought of Shawn seeing me like this, but I shrug it off, beginning to wash my face.

The clothes Shawn gave me were his own, and I held myself back from laughing at how I currently looked. I was wearing a pair of his sweatpants and a hoodie, which was his every day look when I came over to his house.

Before I open the door, I realize something that makes my cheeks flare. I was with Shawn for the rest of the night alone.

"So, what exactly happened?" I ask Shawn after I'm back in the guest room, and seated on the bed near him.

"Well, uh, after you went under and didn't come up for a second, everyone got really scared and so I jumped in and got you but you were knocked out. And we put you on the sand but you were still out of it and so after you got some air into you you started coughing and shut your eyes. But you were breathing and so we texted your mom and then I took you back to my place." Shawn rants the whole story, his eyes on the floor and his cheeks getting red when he mentioned the CPR.

Oh. Now my cheeks were as red as his.

"That had to be the scariest moment of my life." Shawn continues, not making eye contact with me. "The second you started swimming I should have stopped you, but I didn't and you almost drowned because of me and-"

I cut Shawn of by surprising both of us and pulling him into a hug, which causes him to fall back to the bed before he wraps his arms around me tightly and hugs back.

"It's not your fault. Believe me, even if you had told me to stop, I wouldn't have listened. And anyways, I should be saying thank you right now. You came after me, and saved my life." I tell him honestly, and he loosens his grip on me but doesn't let go, which makes me bury my head to his chest as we lay on the bed.

"Are you saying you have way too big of an ego to refuse the dare?" Shawn jokes softly, and I roll my eyes playfully at him, holding back a smile.

"I would say I don't, but that would probably be a lie. And anyways, my ego is probably bigger than the amount of patience I have with you."

"Please, you can't stand to be away from me for a second." Shawn tells me, and I look up to make eye contact with him just to notice how close our faces were, before looking down and breaking eye contact.

"That's debatable, Shawn." I reply, teasing him.

We continue to talk for another half hour, as Shawn plays with my hair and I ignore how much I wanted to look up again and sieze the distance between us. Slowly my eyes start to shut, and I realize how tiring almost drowning can be.

"By the way, I forgot to mention something." Shawn says to me, and I mumble in response, too tired to accurately ask what it was.

As I fall into slumber, I catch Shawn's words.

"You look great in my clothes."

A/N
It's 1;40 am but I'm updating anyways bc I didn't want to leave you on a cliff hanger for too long lol if ur reading this and it's past ur bed time go to sleep the chapter's over.

also thx for 6k reads luv u guys xox