The Meeting - Monday

The brush clattered onto the vanity as she stared at her still tangled hair. She sighed and turned away from the mirror, opting to pull her unruly hair into a ponytail.

                “One day I’ll chop it off and I won’t ever have to deal with it again…”

                Her mumbles echoed down the hallway as she opened her door. The doorframe resisted the body leaning on it as she slipped on a pair of nude heels.

                “Job. Interviews. Suck!” She held back a little scream as she struggled to get the back of her second heel on.

                Her fingers slipped from the edge and her tow slammed into the frame and she began hopping around, succeeding in hopping into a puddle and falling.

                “AH!”

                She also succeeded in knocking someone else over, as she turned to catch herself, her hands rammed into the chest of someone who was obviously trying to keep her from falling. She toppled on top of them and her eyes widened, along with theirs, as she noticed their lips touching. She immediately rolled off of them and lay on her back.

                “I. Am so. Sorry.” Her breath came in little gasps from the sense of falling.

                There was a chuckle and the person sat up.

                “It’s fine. Definitely not how I expected my morning to go, though. Are you okay?”

                “Y-yeah. Once again, I’m sorry.” She lifted herself into a standing position and offered a hand to the stranger.

                “Thanks.” There was a slight tug on her hand as they stood up and she awkwardly pulled her hand away, managing to catch a glimpse of her watch.

                “Oh! I’m late! Sorry again!” she gave a small wave and took off running, her heels clicking until they couldn’t be heard anymore.

                “Well, that was interesting.” The person shook their head before following the direction she had taken.

                “We’ll be sure to give you a call once we have evaluated your resume and talked to our manager about your interview. Have a good day, Ms. Lee.”

                “Thank you very much. I hope I will be seeing you soon.” She shook the interviewer’s hand then turned to walk out of the building when she realized she had forgotten her purse. She walked back to the table she was just at and noticed her resume sitting at the top of the trash pile.

                She sighed dejectedly and walked out.

                “So much for that.”

                She watched the sidewalk beneath her feet and closed her eyes as she rammed into a wall. When she opened them, she noticed feet in front of hers and hands on her arms.

                “Well, isn’t this a surprise? Are you trying to give me a hint?”

                She looked up and immediately recognized the person.

                “Ack! Sorry…..again.” her cheeks flushed and she diverted her eyes downward again.

                “It’s okay. My name’s Derek,” he smiled down at her and took a step back to give her some room, dropping his hands from her arms.

                “Oh, I’m Andrea. Sorry, I usually don’t make a habit of running into people….anywhere. Guess you’re just unlucky. Sorry, again.”

                She went to take a step around him, her cheeks growing redder thinking about how warm his lips had been, but he stepped with her.

                “Now, now. Don’t you think I at least deserve to buy you a coffee? You’ve bent me to your will, can’t I do the same.”

                She sighed, continuing to stare at the ground, “I can’t. I have a job interview in a few minutes. I’ve got to get going.”

                “Of course. But next time, you owe me one.”

                He tilted her chin up to wink at her, and then stepped to the side, allowing her to walk around him.

                “Right….bye then.”

                “Goodbye Andrea.”

                The way he said her name sent chilled down her arms and she subconsciously rubbed them as she walked off. She could feel his eyes on her so she quickly turned a corner and her shoulder sagged in relief.

                “That was so weird….” She shook of the thoughts of Derek and continues a back way to her apartment, deciding she was done job searching for the time being.

                “Home, sweet, home,” she opened her door and stopped in her tracks when she noticed her living room had been trashed.

                “What the-“

                “Sir, she came back early. We didn’t have time to clean up.”

                “That’s fine. You got out clean, correct? She didn’t see you?”

                “Yes, sir, everything was clear.”

                “Good. Oh, and if she sees us talking, address me as Derek.”

                “Yes, sir.”

                “Good, you are dismissed.”

                “Oh Andrea, you will be mine.”

                There was some shuffling before a door opened and 3 figures slipped out.