Chapter Fourty-One

There was a long silence, until Draco let out a dry laugh.

"Don't lie to me, Potter." He hissed as he clenched his fists, "Why would we ever date? You bloody hate me. And... I'm not gay!"

Harry felt his heart sink further down from each word that was coming out of the blonds mouth.

"You were quite gay when you kissed me multiple times." Harry spat, his sore heart making his sentence sound more vemonous than it was intended to be.

"As if." Draco hissed, looking outside.

Harry looked away as well, his hope for Draco remembering him almost completely gone.
But he still had a little hope. Maybe he could say something- anything- that'd make him remember Harry.

"I see you're not taking this seriously." Draco commented. "I'll be on my way, then," he stated, shoving past Harry and out the door.

"If we were never a couple-" Harry swallowed, preparing himself for rejection as he turned to face Draco; who was now standing at the staircase, waiting for Harry to continue- "then why do you care for me so much? Why did you help me?"

There was another long silence.
Draco didn't turn to face Harry, but Harry's eyes were burning into Draco, willing him to remember.

Finally Draco sighed and rubbed his hand over his forehead, "I don't know."

Harry didn't say anything, his hope for Draco remembering now completely gone.

"Is this all I'm here for?" Harry asked.

"Well," Draco paused, "I have a few bottles of fire whiskey in here... we could drink some..."

Harry smiled softly, even though Draco wasn't looking, "sure... but shouldn't we do it in our common room? That way... we won't get caught."

Draco nodded, "but what about the hospital? Aren't you injured?"

Harry shrugged, "I can handle It."

-

They were sat on the floor in front of the fire place, their backs pressed against the sofa. They were laughing as they each told stories about one another, as if they'd been friends since they were toddlers.

Their laughter died down after a few minutes of laughing at the time Draco fell into a pond, trying to impress a lady friend by walking on the ice that froze over it.

They stared into the fire, each of them still smiling.

Draco was almost completely drunk, but Harry was quite sober. He only had two glasses of fire whiskey - he was on his third now.

Harry had never seen Draco drunk, and to his surprise, he acted quite... normal. He didn't know if that were a good or bad thing. The only thing that gave it away was the fact that Draco's cheeks were flushed.

"So," Draco started, "Tell me about what we did."

Harry raised a brow, "what do you mean?"

Draco took a swig of his Fire Whiskey, "Well, you said we were a couple... so... what did we do? Tell me stories." He slurred the last part, and hadn't bothered to remove his eyes off the fireplace either.

"Well..." Harry smiled sadly, "we actually haven't even dated for a week, before you lost your memory. But... we were... very... close, before then."

Draco was now studying Harry, listening closely.

"The first time we kissed was... amazing... I would never admit it then, but... it felt... magnificent. It felt like my heart was going to explode... like... like I was someone else-  like you were someone else... but at the same time... I felt Sane, I felt normal. And I felt like it was only you who could kiss me like that - sounds crazy, eh?" Harry turned his head to look at Draco, who was staring at him wide-eyed.