A Distraction [ Reaper x Reader ]

This is comedic a Reaper x Reader. This comedic concept was requested by JiHikari on Deviant art. I AM OPEN TO REQUESTS! Enjoy!

"Guys!" I hollered. "I cannot hold them back much longer!!!" I was almost out of ammo. Gunshots were zoned out from the intense alarms going off in all directions of the HQ.

"Don't worry luv! We are almost done!" Tracer was blinking around, quickly making a barricade in the corner of the dark room.

"How is Doctor Ziegler doing?!" I called out, she had been shot in the side. She took a bullet for me when we were ambushed by a few enemy operatives. I owed her my life.

"The bleeding is stopped." Lucío announced. "She really needs surgery ASAP."

I cursed under my breath. The door was about to break. And lucky for me, I was now out of ammo. How are we supposed to keep Angela alive under these conditions...What do these people want from Overwatch?!

Finally, Tracer finished the barricade. She called me over, I blocked the door with unused, heavy items. I ran over to the rest of the group. We all heard a sniper rifle, a specific one. Widowmaker is here. Talon must have something to do with this...

The sound of dying comrades brought tears into my eyes. These people had already killed my best friend. I wanted vengeance but I had no plan...quite yet. I guess I had to make it up as I went.

"Guys...If Widowmaker is here, that can only mean that Re-"

The door was broken down. Everyone went quiet. I went invisible, a special ability that had been granted through a device similar to Tracer's blink. I got up, looking around, a black mist entered the room. It formed into a person; it was Reaper. Oh no, how do I protect everyone else in that barricade from HIM?!

Reaper laughed maliciously. It made me shiver. I have a 20
second limit to being invisible in a one minute period, and my time was running out. I quickly ran out of the room. Everyone else was gone. All I had to do was get my friends out of the room...easy enough.

Tracer knew I was looking at her. She quickly shook her head mouthing: "You'll get yourself killed! Please don't."

I ignored her warning, reappearing behind Reaper. I found another gun on the ground and picked it up. Instinctively, I fired the gun into his torso multiple times.

"Agh!" His demonic voice cried. He fell, but blood did not come out of the holes. Only black mist. He looked to me.

"[y/n]?" His voice was full of confusion and shock.

I remained silent. "Why are you and Talon here?"

"To catch up with Jack Morrison."

I found his voice so familiar. "Who are you?" My voice shook.

"A dead man."

My eyes widened. "Gab-"

Reaper tripped me.

The gun fell out of my hands. I reached for it, but he stepped on my hand. The sound of bone cracking filled the room. I let out a cry of agony. At this, Reaper froze.

My expression changed from distraught to relieved. This made Reaper stop dead in his tracks.

"Reyes...I thought you were dead..." My eyes filled with tears.

I got up and hugged him. Reaper awkwardly patted my back. "I thought I lost you." I sobbed.

Now, I should probably explain...

Before Overwatch was shutdown, Reyes and I had...odd relations.

I had been part of Overwatch for most of its existence. Gabriel had taught me everything, as he had took it upon himself to mentor me. I never knew his intentions, until much later. He had feelings for me. I have no idea how someone like him could grow an attachment to someone like me, but it happened.

One time I got shot and nearly drowned in a lake on a mission. I thought I was as much as dead. Reyes made Jesse look everywhere for me. He finally found me and got Reyes. Angela was immediately called to help me. Reyes stayed by my side for three straight hours. Jesse left to show Ziegler our location.

I lived, but my life was never the same. Gabriel followed me almost everywhere and made sure I was okay 24/7. It even made Jack Morrison ask Reyes what the deal was. I did not understand why he was attached to such an idiot like me.

He probably thought I did not like him. I never got the opportunity to show him how I truly felt because he was presumably dead just as Overwatch was.

Oh, and he also thought I was dead too. After the fall of Overwatch I had to fake my death. I had to change my identity to keep my head down low from all the watch lists in the area.

And now that I explained that... Here I am hugging him.

"Gabriel. " I smiled. "Why do you want to hurt Jack?"

"Unfinished business."

"I am sorry I shot you! I didn't know it was you."

I put my hands around where his face should be. I made a calm smile. Reaper seemed to be stunned and nonetheless confused. He had waited for this moment his entire life.

"Are you okay?" My eyes looked into the eyeholes of his mask.

He nodded. "I missed you."

"I missed you too."

I kept his eyes on me. "I just want to see your face."

"That isn't a good idea."

I nodded. "Then is this okay?" I gulped. I put my lips to where his would be behind the mask. Reaper once again was caught off guard. His guns fell from his hands. He tightly pulled me in close. He brought me off the ground, attempting to deepen the kiss even though it was just a mask. We remained like that for a long time. Finally, I stopped and smiled. I looked behind him. It was silent and dark.

"Morrison isn't here today. He is on the other side of the world." I sighed. "I guess this was for nothing."

"I wouldn't say it was for nothing." Reaper's hands went down to my waist.

Reaper seemed to be vulnerable as he held me close to him. He had been waiting for my affection since the day I met him.

"I love you. I hope you know that." His demonic voice was soft and passionate.

"Of course I do, I have loved you right from that first day we met." I smiled at him.

Outside the doorway there was a commotion. Reaper turned, realizing his team was leaving. He looked back towards me, and his demeanor seemed disappointed. "I must go. Goodbye, [y/n]."

"Bye, Gabe." I frowned.

He returned to his black mist form and teleported out of the room. All of his men seemed to leave as well. Widowmaker's sniper rifle stopped firing.

I walked back to the barricade. Everyone was gone.

My distraction was good, everyone got out safely. Including Jack Morrison.

I wiped off my lips with the back of my hand and walked out to meet up with my friends.