~22.The Spark~

Scarlet

   My chest was clenching, an unbearable pain as if somebody was squeezing your heart out. My eyes widened as a wave of shock overcame me. The entire feeling in my body became numb, especially to the hand that was now gripping onto him for an answer. I could feel my heart beat faster along with many thoughts rushing into my head like a freight train.

   "My name isn't Scarlet Adams," I corrected calmly and with ease. My gaze was fixed onto the city ahead, trying to avoid the livid irises of the man next to me. Anger was radiating off of him, yet he tried the calm approach.

   "It all makes sense now. You look exactly like Veronica, and I remember you," White rambled, making me turn to face him. "We used to play together and you were my first friend so how could I manage to forget you. Then I heard you got taken by him." His eyes turn dark and his face morphs into a stone hard look. "Why did you come back? What happened Scarlet?" he asked with a frustrated sigh.

   "My name is Diana Stone," I repeated with a slight tremble in my voice.

   "No you are not!" he roared. "Don't think we didn't do our research about you and who you work for. You work for the man I told you to stay away from. You led me on thinking that you were a good person when in reality you are just as bad as him for working for him. He kidnapped you Scarlet! He fucking took you, yet you are still loyal to the bastard! I am a fool for believing you, thinking that you were sweet and innocent but this was another one of your facades. I already know Diana isn't your real name so stop trying to cover for yourself when you know you are losing this battle," White screamed, shaking the entire area with his rough voice and making my heart stop.

   I sat there, stunned. He didn't even know half the truth yet he tried to assume things. My jaw was hanging slightly ajar while his coal black eyes practically saw into my soul.

"I didn't know who he was until I met you," I saw in a small whisper. He pulled his hand away from mine, leaving my hand cold and lifeless.

"Don't lie to me," he spat and ran a hand through his hair. "How would you not know?"

Hints of anger ran through my veins. "Excuse me but I'm sorry that I didn't know. I've lived through hell my entire life until you brought me back into the light. You don't even know what I've lived through so how do you have the right to assume my life? I'm sorry but last time I checked, you don't know me. You don't own me and you aren't me," I raised my voice.

He sat there, with a blank face looking at me. He didn't dare say anything or I would've verbally chewed him out. There was practically smoke coming out of my ears as my memories kept pestering me about the past.

My eyes started to water and some of my anger vanished. The livid Scarlet was replaced with a long, broken depressed woman reliving her nightmares. I turned my head back to the ground, not being able to look at him while I tried to hold back my tears.

"You don't even know what I've been through," I whimpered as a tear escaped from my tear ducts. It's been a while since I've cried and it feels so good that I'm finally letting my feelings out. Everything has been contained and it's finally free.

My chin had been pushed up by Alexander's warm fingers. His eyes were pained to see that he has hurt me and he wrapped me in an embrace to comfort me. My back shakes as I've finally set those tears free that have been held back for years. Warmness spread out through my body from Alexander's touch. I'm pretty sure my tears have drenched his chest but at this point I don't care.

I just sat there and cried for all the events and memories of my time. Moments of the past flashed through my mind, giving me more of a reason to let my emotions out.

"You are right, I don't know what you've been through and I'm sorry for making you hurt. Diana or Scarlet, I'm here to listen to you and help you," White soothed me while he still kept me in his warm embrace.

Finally, I tilted my head up to him and stare at him in the eye. The slow nod I had made gave him the indication to leave me be for now, leaving me with my constant thoughts.

************

Sometimes I wonder why it's even worth living when I'm not even needed anymore. But I have to stay strong for myself or else I would've failed myself. Death isn't something I want right now yet I jeopardize my life every day by going against orders.

Sometimes people can make their own hell into a bright light. It's possible to turn your beliefs around to do what is right.

And that's what I'm going to do right now. I'm going to fight for the things I believe in and want to have. Freedom and Love.

How was it?

Like and comment?

Leena