Childhood AU

Well hello again! I wanted to try something new and finally gotten around to posting an AU. I've been toying with this idea for a while, and I am excited to share it with you all.

The perspective tends to switch back and forth between Lilly and Mr. Ambrose because I thought it would be more interesting that way. So, this AU will be set in an universe where Lilly and Rikkard grow up knowing each other and get to interact as adults.

Let me know what you think in the comments (because I do read all of them and respond to as many as I can) and leave a vote if you like!

P.s. What do you guys think of the aesthetic pictures? I love making these collages inspired by the events of the story.

Characters belong to the fabulous RobThier!

~~~*****~~~

~~~*****~~~

Lilly and Rikkard knew each other as children.

Their parents were good friends and more often than not would force their children into the same room together in hopes that they would all get along. Lilly was only four the first time they met. Rikkard was a stoic little six and half year old, to be precise, with striking blue eyes that stood out against his pale skin.

Lilly was a rowdy little toddler who was too opinionated and loud for her own good. With a head of messy brown hair and more freckles than she could count, Lilly was quite the little monster.

Ella was only an infant at the time, and Lilly's older sisters were almost all in their adolescent years. But Lilly was lost in her own world of pirates and heroes, fantastical kingdoms, and other outrageous adventures.

Rikkard wanted nothing to do with the 'baby'. He thought himself far too mature to be spending time with the riffraff. 

But since they were the two children closest in age between the two families, and there was no way he was going to waste time with the moody older sisters, he was forced to spend time with the energetic toddler.

Her bright energy and enthusiasm was infectious, and slowly, he began to play along with her wild stories and games.

~~~

The cool water rushed around her feet as she waded through the shallow water.

With the warm morning sun on her back, Lilly tossed a heavy rock into the creek and watched as the tiny fish scattered through the clear water.

Having turned six years old at the beginning of the summer, Lilly knew it was only a matter of time before her friend showed up for the summer.

She would countdown the two weeks after her birthday, awaiting his arrival. She thought he was incredibly stuck up the first time she met him. He didn't know how to have a good time, and she didn't think she saw him smile a single time during the couple of weeks after they were first introduced. But the more time they spent together, the more he began to open up. By the end of the their first summer together, they were almost inseparable.