Chapter Seven

Previously.....

After Hiro took (Y/N) to the bot-fight and had almost gotten both of them killed, he can't do anything but apologize, cry, and shout. Although she was there for him, (Y/N) knew that this felt different... new... but comfortable...
As he cried in her arms, she reassured that everything was going to be okay and that she forgave him.
And yet, she never wanted to let go.

.....

Running.
Running.
Running.

You were panting. You were sweating. You were tired.

But you kept running.
Running from someone...
Someone like a threat.
Your lungs were going to burst at any moment.
But you kept going.
Then you saw someone standing ahead of you...
Caught by the threat that was after you.

And was that...
Hiro?

.....

You awoke from your nightmare, almost letting out a shrill scream. You looked around frantically. You had legs. Hands. Your body.
You were safe.
As you looked around, you noticed that you were in Hiro and Tadashi's bedroom. The window was letting in streams of headlights from passing cars, and slight snoring filled the quiet atmosphere. You turned to your left and saw Tadashi's side of the room, filled with unruptured silence. You looked to your right and saw Hiro sleeping soundly on his side of the bed. His eyes were shut tightly, and an occasional twitch was present. Was he having a nightmare? Or was he just recalling the day in his mind, worried about what he had done?

You sank back into your covers, countless questions filled your mind without escaping your mouth.
When did I get here? HOW did I get here? Am I alright? Am I still dreaming? What's going on with Hiro? Is he dreaming, too? A nightmare, perhaps? Should I do something? Should I just go back to sleep? Or will I just have the same dream again? Did any of the stuff before this even happen? What in the world is going on?

You sighed deeply, trying not to draw so much attention to yourself. As long as you didn't wake anyone up, you were fine. Deciding that getting something to drink would help your mind focus better and get a decent sleep, you slunked out of the bed and snuck towards the kitchen, trying not to make any noise. While you were going down the stairs, you heard something behind you. Something like tiny footsteps, but they didn't sound like a human being. They sounded more like sqeaky rubber shoes. You turned around once you reached the bottom and saw a white, giant marshmallow waddling down the stairs. Baymax. Was now really the time...?

"(Y/N)? What are you doing up so late? Lack of sleep can cause serious health problems, such as insomnia, bloodshot eyes, and fo-" The robot explained loudly before getting interrupted by you covering his face with your hands. The robot's arm went slack as it fell to its side, no longer shoving the index finger in your face. You shushed him mid-loudly, trying to get your point across that he needed to stay silent. Before you could do anything else, you heard something else coming down the stairs.

"She's satisfied with her care, Baymax," A familiar voice greeted sleepily as it lagged down the stairs. The robot turned around and nodded before. Waddling back up the stairs, bumping objects while walking. The person walked up to you, their eyes meeting yours. It took a moment for your eyes to adjust to the darkness to get a glimpse of his face, and you knew the same as well for the other person.

"...I..." You mumbled, trying to explain your reasoning for being up so late. However, your excuse was interrupted by the familiar voice.

"Can't sleep either, huh?" Tadashi's voice rang to you in the silence filled darkness.

"Hm? Oh, oh, yeah. I just thought I would be able to sleep better if I got up and grabbed something to drink," You explained, trying not to sound suspicious. You heard a light chuckle and a deep sigh.

"Oh, wow. I really thought that I was the only one that did that," Tadashi admitted, sounding like he was forcing back a laugh. "Yeah... So, you want something to drink? I'll make you something, if you want."

"Oh, sure! Thanks, Tadashi," You praised, smiling. You knew he couldn't see it in the dark, but you couldn't hold it back. So polite, you thought. As your eyes had just started to adjust to the dark, a bright light burned your eyes. "Ah!" You shouted quietly. You heard him chuckle once again at your acts.

As you went to sit at the counter, you felt the cold of the hardwood shock your feet and the cold of the leather back chair running through your body. Just then, a sudden and distinct thought ran through your head.

"Hey, Tadashi?" You asked, grabbing his attention. "Why... why did you say 'good luck' and walk out of the room yesterday?"

He took a deep breath and smiled slyly, a bit of awkwardness present on his lips.

"Well..." Tadashi paused. "There's been something we've needed to talk about... concerning Hiro..."

(A/N) Hey guys!!! So, it took me about, like, a week to write/type this, so yeah...
Anyway, I hipe y'all will stick around for the next chapter!