Oneshot

Please enjoy :D

_____________________________________________________________________________

                Screams – I have always hated them. They are the most terrifying noise one could ever hear and make. And yet, I want to scream. Scream to the top of my lungs. Scream until I had no voice.

                I have no choice. I need help. From him.

                Our school was small with a limited number of students. There, you would know almost everybody because of common relationships or of being co-members in organizations. Still, there were those that stood out from the rest, be it from friendships and rumours. And one of those famouse people was my classmate – Chase.

                Chase was a likable person. He had a smile that would take girls’ breaths away. He hanged out with the jocks of our school and at the same time friendly to those who were not as popular as he was. He was captain of the basketball team and he could play most of the sports you can name. He was a math wizard and won a lot of contests that made the school more prominent than it already was.

                But no matter what he did, there was something inside me that told me to hate him. It told me that his smile was plastic and his personality was a façade. It told me that his handsome face masked his poor skills and talents.  

                I was not the type of person to judge, but no matter what he did, I had always found something that was wrong with him. The world might have gone against me, but I would stand my ground.

                Being the person he was, he became the apple of the eyes of girls from different sections and different batches – tall, short, pretty, average, smart, athletic, you name it.

                I would not have minded about them, but one day, something was not right. A mystery unfolded in front of my eyes. I was not invovled, but my curiosity got the better of me.

                The girls that were linked to him suddenly disappeared.

                I would not have suspected anything if it were only one. But two was one too many.

                It was strange that even though others knew that they were close friends and admirers of Chase, he was never a suspect. Perhaps it was because his image and personality won over suspiscion. But it was stranger that even though the police came to our school to investigate, they never called for Chase.     No one seemed to notice anything. Or maybe, they were trying not to see. But I wanted to know the truth. I had to know what was going on.

                Actually, there was more to it than my curiosity. It was because of my premonitions. And these premonitions appeared in my nightmares.

                I called them premonitions because of an obvious fact – whenever I dreamt about a girl being murdered, the same girl disappeared the next day.

                The first night, I had a nightmare about Amy, the first girl who disappeared.

                She was a mess, with blood splattered all over her body. She was lying on the ground, too paralyzed to move. She looked at me with tears streaming down her face. Her eyes showed plea. But as I looked deeper into her eyes, there was something more to it than just asking for help. And what I saw was hatred.

                I woke up with a start. The nightmare gave me cold sweat. I gulped down two glasses of water before I could think straight.