Chapter 13 - Colour

The teal of my tears slows around me until slowly the pain stops. I lift my head and breathe. I stop.

Tina walks towards me. She doesn't ask just hugs me.
After some silence she asks me what I think she should wear today. I smile and follow her into her room.

Eventually she settles on a blue colour that emphasises her eyes for he dress and grey shoes.
The outfits doesn't look like it should work but it does.Then Tina realises she doesn't have a matching jacket.

The time whirls past me in colours black, white, grey,green,pink,pale berry,delicate blue and lilac until she finally settles. It's not much of an outfit - a white blouse, grey skirt matching jacket and grey opal on a thin golden chain.
It suits her.

Then I change quickly. Not into anything fancy - it's Tina's day and I don't want to steal the attention. It's a a white long sleeved blouse tucked into a knee length black skirt with a simple overcoat. No jewellery.
I couldn't wear colour at the moment anyway. It makes me think of him.

Then both of us leave the apartment together, sisters side by side.
We walk through New York past the boats and I suggest we walk down there but Tina starts to say "I'm sorry it just brings back to many memor...."
I follow your gaze and see what you've spotted. I smile "Aren't you going to say hello?" Tina suddenly runs forward through the crowds and I lose sight of her amongst the people. It doesn't worry me. I know she's safe with Newt.

I make it past the people and see newt and Tina smiling at each other so genuinely it makes my heart melt. He's putting a necklace on her - a little gold suitcase on a gold chain. I know instantly what it represents. It's beautiful. I know what they have is true love and I may not know how but in that minute I am so sure that the two will be happy together for the rest of their lives.

It could make me sad that they have all this and I don't but it doesn't. It reminds me that love is still there even if I can't see it. And that's a beautiful thing to know.

Newt sees me hovering a metre or two from them and waves me over with a smile.

"Queenie. Did you know Newt was coming?Is that why you wanted to go for a walk?" Tina asks me.
"Of course" I smile back looking at Newt. Has he told her?
Newt smiles and looks directly at Tina. I wanted to see you and give you this. He opens his case and pulls out a book which he hands to her.
Fantastic beasts and where to find them by Newt scamander.
Tina exclaims and squeezes Newt's hand. "You did it!"
Newt smiles at her, happy that she's proud of him. It's all beautiful. And it's love.