+19.+

I had crawled up to the roof of my house. You could get up here from the attic and the roof is mostly flat. I would always come up here to read in the summer.

I was having a hard time.

I stared up at the dark sky and the moon was full. I ran my hand threw my hair and wiped from my face. This is all wrong . . . all wrong. I should be on the phone with Lori or Maria talking until my mom made me get off for dinner.

I shouldn't be crying because I found out my mom wasn't my real mom. My real mom is an Angel who had to leave me because of bad people. I didn't even know I should be mad at Aracelia. I wanted to be mad and even a part of my head was saying I should.

But I just couldn't. She only did it because she wanted to protect me and how could I be mad? Those tears she had earlier, she couldn't have fake that.

I wrapped my blanket around me tighter and breathed roughly threw my stuff nose. I heard something and I jumped as I looked behind me. I saw Hadrian and I groaned.

He walked over next to me, ''Why aren't you sleeping?'' he asked.

''I'm not in the mood to see you, Hadrian.'' I said.

I heard something and I looked at his hands. He had a packet of tissues in his hand and he held them out to me. I just stubbornly looked away and ignored Hadrian.

''I could hear you yell at your mom earlier threw the walls.'' he said. ''Or should I call her Sierra? She isn’t your mother after all.''

''Shut up.'' I said. ''So you were right, whatever. Did you come to rub it in my face?''

''I did,'' he said and I snorted. ''But seeing you look so sad, it killed the mood. So now I'm just sitting here.''

''Look,'' I said coldly. ''I don't want to hear this from you, Hadrian. I just want to be alone and you're the last person I want to see.''

''You need someone to talk you're problems to. I have allot of problems my own, so talk.'' he said. ''You're mother an Angel. I searched her up, she's an Angel of righteousness.'' he scoffed. ''How typical. You're thee Nephilim though.''

''Righteousness?'' I questioned. ''As in mortally right?''

''Pretty much she does everything right even if someone thinks its wrong.'' he said.

''Like give up you're only child even though she didn't want to.'' I said and I brought my hands up to my mouth to cover my scream. I squeezed my eyes shut and I just wanted to kick something. Punch someone. I felt so angry and all I could do was scream until I was out of breath.

''Feel better?'' Hadrian asked.

''Fuck off.'' I said and surprised myself. I brought my hand up to my forehead, ''Sorry, sorry. I'm just . . . so . . .''