My childhood friends

7 years later 

I got home from school with Danny and Nicki behind me. They are kids from my school and also half vampires, half human. They are two of my best friends. 

"Hey Roxie, what's for dinner, I am starving." Danny asked as we left our backpacks in the couch and headed for the kitchen. 

"I don't know Danny. Whatever mom left in the microwave." I responded. 

"Hey, it best be chocolate. 'Cause I's can't stand not havin' my chocolate!" Nicki complained. 

Nicki is a black girl. And she is proud of it! And she has dark brown curly hair that she left in braids today. But she painted it red on the tips and with some highlights. She has brown eyes and a big mouth for screaming. But she is still beautiful. She is 10 like me but taller than Danny, who is 11. Don't worry, he'll grow. And Danny has my colored skin. He has gorgeous black hair that he keeps in frost tips and painted the tips red. And he is kinda cute. He has blue eyes and a strong nose with straight chin. Did I mention he has abs?!?! He's 11 for peets sake! 

And I am still a blond with my hair up to my shoulders and blue eyes too. But I am smaller then Danny. Crap. But at least I am cute. So whenever I want something I give Nicki and Danny my pouty look and they go and give me what I want. Suckers. 

Nicki opened the fridge and got a hold of hot chocolate and dark chocolate. Then she did her happy dance and scarfed that chocolate down. Danny got some pringles and a soda can. And when I grabbed my bowel of mac and cheese, I ate it all up and grabbed my grape juice. 

Then we went to my room and caught Jake in the bed reading a magazine from my book shelf. Then I saw the TV on and saw it on MTV. 

We sat around him in my bed, said our hellos, and watched MTV together until we got bored. 

"Hey, want to skate board?" Danny asked us. 

"I'm in." I said. "Me two." Said Nicki." "Me three." Jake finished. 

"Okay, lets go." We all got up and headed for my garage where I keep there hidden skate boards and helmets. 

We skated all over the streets and side walk, trying to focus our skill and raced each other until we got tired. 

"Hey," Jake said. "you should do your homework before you mom and dad get back and give us a tantrum. Besides. How many tests has Nicki failed this month just because she didn't do her homework and studied?" 

"Hey!" she yelled. Then took some time to think about it and shrugged. "You be right 'bout that one." 

"And how much close is Danny getting to having his grade on math lower so his parents can start giving him punishments?" 

Danny thought about it and had a worried look on his face in seconds. "Oh man, your right. I got to get to study." 

"And how many detentions has Roxie had for getting the job done late?" 

I thought about those many times Miss Acerman screamed at me for not getting the job done and giving me detention. 

"Man, your right." We ran in the house. Grabbed our backpacks and grabbed our books and note book. We finished in two hours thanks to Jacob. Then we went outside to play some more. Then played video games until our parents came home.