That One Lucky Day ~A Michael Jackson Fantasy~

Me and the kids was sitting down in the living waiting for Michael to come home. It was already ten at night and the kids have to get up early tomorrow for school. I know they want to stay up and wait for their dad but if I let them then they won't want to get up to go to school tomorrow.

"Okay kids, it's time for bed." I said to them.

"No, mom, we want to stay up and wait for dad." Jared, our fourteen year old son said.

"Yeah, mom we want to stay up and wait." Katherine, our six year old said.

"I know you do but don't forget that you guys have school tomorrow and we all know that you two don't like getting up in the morning so come on, it's bed time."

Both of them groan and started walking up the stairs. When we all reached the top of the stairs we went into Jared's room. For some reason, Katherine likes to sleep with Jared. Jared doesn't really say anything about it but I can tell sometimes he wishes that she would just go back to her bed. They both got into bed and cover over. I walked over to them and made sure they both were tucked in tight.

"Uh, mom, you don't have to tuck me in no more." Jared said.

I laugh at him. "I know, sweety but as long as Katherine is sleeping in that bed with you, I'll still do it."

"Mommy, mommy, can you tell us a story?" My baby girl ask.

"Okay, baby, what story do you want to hear?"

"I want to hear how you and dad met." She said.

"Oh come on, not that story again." Jared groan.

"Shut up, Jared. You know you like this story too. Now, shut up and listen." Katherine said to Jared and that mad him shut up and pout. "That's what I thought. Go ahead, mom."

I laugh at the site before me. My son, who thinks he's big and bad get told off by his six year old little sister. I have to remember to tell Michael about his when he comes home.

"Okay, so the first time I met your dad, I was twenty- two just got out of college and I needed a job fast. So, I got a little job at this newspaper company. It's wasn't really a big thing but it helped pay the bills. Anyway, one day I was just sitting down at my desk and my editor asked me if I wanted to interview someone famous for our up coming article. She said if I did a good job, I'll get promoted so of course I accepted it. Now, when I was driving to the TV studio for the interview, I didn't even know who I was interviewing but I promise myself that it didn't matter who it was; I was going to be cool and collect.

Anyway, I got there, got everything ready and waited. Ten minutes later, the person came in the room and you would never guys who it was."

"DADDY!!!!!" Katherine yelled.

"Of course it's dad. You know we heard this story before." Jared said.

"Didn't I tell you to shut up? Continue, mom."

I busted out laughing. Wow, I see my daughter got her attitude from me. "Okay, Katherine, stop being mean to your big brother. Anyway, Yes, it was dad but when I saw him, I started freaking out inside my head. I had no idea that I was going to interview, Michael Jackson. I knew he just released his album "Thriller'' and It was the top selling album in the country at he moment but me interviewing him was just unbelievable. So, after my little freak out in my head, I got up and greeted."

"Hi, my name is Mary Shurbelt and I'll be interviewing you today." I smile.

He shock my hand and sat down across from me. "Shurbelt?"

I laughed. "Yeah, my dad has a crappy last name, doesn't he?"

Your dad laughed and said. "I don't think it's a crappy last name but it is......different."