Chapter 2

The next morning you wake up before Deja and go downstairs to make breakfast. You take some bread and drop it in the toaster. A few minutes later Deja comes downstairs and you ask her to take the butter out the fridge and tell her that you’re having toast for breakfast. She gives you a thumbs up and takes the butter out the fridge.

Deja : [looking out the door] hey [your name] I think theres something outside?

You : really?

You go over to the door and see flowers on the porch. You read the card *cant wait to see you at 3:30 –princeton*

Deja : AWWWWWWWWWW is that the cutest thing or what! [your name] we have a lil romeo on our hands, well actually you do!

You : Deja,  can you please take the toast out of the toaster?

Deja  walks back across into the kitchen while making a heart with her hands, you can’t help but laugh at how silly she looks. You take the card off and press it against your chest, but then you hear footsteps coming down the stairs and hide the flowers under the table. It’s your mom coming down.

Mom : good morning sweetheart. Good morning Deja

Deja : good morning Aunty [your mom's name]

You : morning mom.

Mom : sweetie, your dad and I are gonna be going out with your aunt and uncle all day so have fun on your date, and Deja your mom said she’ll come for you around 10 tonight since she isn’t going to be home either.

You and Deja both look at each other and smile.

You : bye mom, have a great day.

 As your mom leaves, she blows you a kiss and you wave bye.

You : we’ve got the whole house to ourselves! But Deja, what are you gonna do while im gone?!

Deja : [your name] do you see your house, I can’t get bored in here! I’ll pop some popcorn and watch a movie!

You : okay, good, I don’t want you to feel like you have nothing to do.

Deja : don’t worry bout me!

You : [smiling] I won’t, [frowning] wait, what time is it?!

Deja : um, um,  1:20, dang we woke up late!

You : we spent up to 4 this morning watching movies!

Deja : yea, and we ate way too much popcorn.

You : mhmm, come on lets go in the living room to eat breakfast and watch some TV to loose some time.

Deja : yea, but were watching what I wanna watch this time!

You : [laughing] okay Deja, okay

About an hour later, you feel your phone vibrate. It’s a text message from Princeton

*hey, can’t wait to see you in a few, hope you like where were going … bye (:*

You : Deja, Princeton said he can’t wait to see me

Deja : how sweet. You do know it’s like 2:50 don’t you wanna go start getting ready or something?

You : youre right, imma go bathe.

Deja : okay, I’ll be here watching TV

You run into your room, and into the shower. When you’re finished, you put on your bathrobe and call Deja and ask her to help you find something to wear. She pulls out a short blue dress..

You : too, short!

You pull out a white dress with peace signs around the waist

Deja : nope, looks like you’re going to a hippie wedding

You : hurtful….

Deja pulls out a pair of black skinny jeans, with a silver belt

You : that might actually go good with something

Deja : you can thank me later

You go through some more clothes, and pull out an over the shoulder orange top, that seems a little poofy. You hold up the top and Deja puts the pants under. *perfect* you think to yourself. You check the time, 3:07 .just a few more minutes. Deja snaps her fingers infront of your face and tell you to get a move on. You thank her and she goes back outside to watch some more TV. You pull the pants up, which seems a little tighter than usual, but you don’t bother, maybe it just nerves you think to yourself. You put the top on after, then add the belt. You go over to your dresser and take out a pair of silver hoops, some orange bangles, and a necklace that has a sideways heart on it. After your done putting everything on, you look at yourself in the mirror, and think to yourself * I look hot!* you hear a knock at the door, its Deja and you tell her to come in. she takes one look at you and smiles.

Deja : if your dressing up to go for lunch, imagine dinner!

You:  Deja, how do I look?

Deja : great if you’re gonna be going on a barefoot date…

You : ah, crap. Forgot about shoes.

Deja : here you can put on these black boots.

You : thanks.

You take one final look in the mirror. Sure you were kinda dressed up, but you wanted to make a great first impression on Princeton. You checked the time again *3:27* Princeton was gonna show up soon! You couldn’t wait. You ran back downstairs and sat in the living room with Deja till he came.