The City

CHAPTER THREE

I sat him on the edge if the bed and looked at his nose. Which I had most likely broken.

I touched the edge of his nose slightly an he let out a squeak of pain. I couldn't help but let out a giggle.

His scream is so girly.

"Thanks," he said sarcastically, rubbing his nose, trying to numb down the pain.

"I said that aloud?" He scowled at me which I took as a yes. I gave him a sheepish smile and sat in the bed across from him.

"Dies it look bad?" When he removed his hand, I saw that he had blood dried at the edge his nose. He had a large bump coming out of the side and it was almost all purple.

"Look on the bright side," I soothed. "Uh . . . um."

"Don't try. And I thought that you'd be nicer when you introduce yourself to your roommate."

"Hey. I said sorry."

"You didn't actually."

"Oh. Well then I'm sorry." He nodded his head.

He slowly reached out his hands, as if I was going to bite it. "Holton."

"Cara."

"Glad to be rooming with you." He pulled back and later his head back on his pillow, rustling his red-brown hair.

When he reached up to put his arms behind his head, his huge muscles flexed. When I leaned back onto the torn up pillow, the door swung open.

Alec came in, "What happened? Who screamed?"

Holton chuckled. "if you wanted to help you would've come earlier when Cara's fist hit my face. That would've helped a lot."

Alec rolled his eyes at Holton's comment. "It's a good thing I came because Head wants to see you."

"Oh. Head. Have fun," Holton bidded, as Alec led me out into the hallway once again.

------

He slid the door open and pushed me gently forward into the room. it was a small cozy room with a large wooden desk sitting in the middle. In front of the desk were two cushioned chairs, which sat like the chair behind the desk in which a the woman ,whom I had met when I woke, sat.

"Thank you Alec. You may go and take her when I am done." Alec nods his head and stores quietly out the door, leaving me alone with her.

The room is so quiet that you could hear her steady breathing and the acting of her pen on the worn paper, sitting on the desk.

"You've proved yourself," she says matter-of-factly, not looking up from her paper. "You were one of our top priorities to get."

"Excuse me?"

"Ah yes. You have no clue what I'm talking about do you?"

"No." Her eyes finally lift up from the paper, her gray eyes piercing into mine.

"I was once like you. Young. Strong. Reliable yet independent. You remind me of my self when I was younger."

I was still clueless about what she was talking about. We sat there in silence as she was staring at me, a reminiscent look in her eyes.

I squirmed awkwardly in my seat and she snapped from her memory.

"Well. I'm not allowed to tell you a lot. Not even I know all that I'd like too. You will be told some along the time space here but most you will learn when you . . . . go."

A knock came at the door and it cracked open, letting Alec stick his head in. "It is time for a meal and evaluating. She needs to go."

The woman nodded her head. "thank you Alec. I will see you some time soon, Keara."

With those words Alec places his hand firmly on my back and leads me out from the room.

-------------------------------

Hey readers! Sorry about the short chapter I just kinda wanted the meeting to leave you thinking.

The main character's name is Keara (sounds like Kira).

Next chapter will be a little more revealing and not confusing (I hope). Keep reading!

Also I wanted to tell you all to tell anyone about the book so they would read it.

Vote/Follow!

Keep reading! 📚