Innocent? Yeah Right!

“Was your life always like this?” The guy I was assigned to kill asked as he saw me walk through the back door of his house. I started to search through the array of papers scattered all over his kitchen worktop, he worked making bombs for terrorists. Little did he know that our organisation was following his every move following him deeper into the hole he was digging himself. The more bombs he made the deeper the hole got and more importantly, the more danger he was getting himself into. You see people like him don’t live long with assassins like me around. You see we were trained to kill, I can kill you in more than a hundred ways with a ball point pen. All our emotions locked away so to speak, they’re still there but after you’ve killed five or six people you just ignore them.

“No one is original these days always the same questions ‘what do you want?’ ‘Why are you here?’ ‘Was your life always like this?’ But seen as you asked politely no it wasn’t but since your gonna be dead in about 30 seconds I’ll spare you the details” I said, sarcasm dripping from every word.

I stepped forward, invading the sick bastards personal space, making it look as though I'm about to hug him. I grab the crow bar laying on a chair behind him raising it up above his head and crashing it down giving the illusion he died of blunt forced trauma, he fell to the floor. I stepped over his body and walked to the front door as I turned into the hallway, I saw his daughter sitting on the stairs crying. I held out my hand to her and she took it, like I said I might be an emotionless killing machine but children are my weak spot I took the girl back to my car where my partner, Tyler sat waiting. He looked out the window sighed then shook his head

“You will never learn will you Kay?” He asked chuckling.

“No Ty I won’t you know me, kids have always been my weak spot.” I said.

“Get in let’s get her back to her mother.” Tyler said.

I got the girl in the car and we drove off, we bought donuts on the way to cheer the poor kid up then we dropped her with her mum. We said that her father had just upped up and left her alone on the stairs the poor girl just nodded and cried as she let go of my hand. She hadn’t let go since I offered it to her about half an hour ago.

How did my life become so hectic well it was three years ago...

THREE YEARS BEFORE

I was standing at the school gates. I was what was known as a scene girl, my hair was multicoloured with patches of leopard print and raccoon tail patterns, it was bright and stood out like a sore thumb; just the way I liked it. My jeans were black and ripped with material in the rips my jacket was covered in an array of badges all colours and sizes. I wore my battered old converses which were white with paint splatters all over them. I was a good girl I did well in school, didn’t get into too many fights. What? I don’t take being called mentally unstable very lightly.

I was waiting at the school gates with my headphones in waiting for Tara, Jamie, Lexxie and Drake they were all scene too, although not quite as drastic as I was.

Jamie and I had a rocky past, we both knew we liked each other, heck we even tried being a couple but it was the pressure of being part of the sports team that drew us apart he was a football player and apparently they don’t date social impairments so it was really hard.

He had blond hair with blue streaks blue glittering eyes that portrayed all his emotion even if he hides it from you, it can be seen in his eyes. He was toned and tanned. He was happy to entertain a crowd, he was the class clown always joking and laughing but he mixed with the wrong crowd and was currently dating Cassie the schools resident bitch.

Tara, my best friend has patches of leopard print in her hair, she has brown eyes and was a bubbly friendly girl who loves to party just like me we are inseparable we are so alike but so different she loves to be in lessons reading where as I want to be doing the stuff that we learn hands on